7 out of contract players.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 7 out of contract players.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Vat69Vat69
    Player

Just read an article about the 7 out of contract players who can walk for free in the summer.

JOSH MAGENNIS
      STEVEN HUMPHREYS
      JASON KERR
      JORDAN JONES
      TOM PEARCE
      CALLUM MCMANAMAN
      SCOTT SMITH

The only one I’d keep out of those, is Scott Smith. The rest will be on wages we can’t afford, and Cal McManaman will be too old.
      Tom Pearce has pinched wages off us for 5 or 6 years really. Spent more time off the pitch, than on it.

I’d like us to keep Smith as I believe he can be stronger next season and it would be a shame to just let him go. He is worth keeping, where as the rest of them aren’t.

Thoughts?

cup winnerscup winners
      Player

I’m sure Magennis will get offered a 1 possibly 2 year deal as by all accounts he’s good for the changing room.
        That’s great but that takes the place and wages of someone who can contribute on the pitch.
        I’d offer Jones a deal, I know he’s hit and miss but at least he’s positive, makes those runs and he put a few good balls in on Sat.

Definitely offer S.Smith a contract and would have said Pearce but too many injuries, the rest would have to go sad but true.

Once the loans go back we’ll be decimated and a full real build will have to take place but now there lies the problem.

If you want to build you have to sign players on min 2 year deals then bring in loans to suit. The big issue is we won’t pay (no money) and the wage budget won’t allow us to improve more like survive.

I mean we can’t thank Mr Danson for saving us from the abyss but come summer we need to start rebuilding and what I mean by that is build from the top.
        Firstly the boardroom CEO needs to be sorted because for me that’s a bit of a joke right now. And a full intensive makeover of the scouting and youth system so we can build for the future and the only way is to make our own not buy in.

With a lot of high earners off the books now I’d be looking at keeping:

Scott Smith
        Jordan Jones
        Jason Kerr
        & yes, Stephen Humphrys

McManaman could do a job as an impact sub for another year.

The rest can go. However I feel Magennis will also be offered a 12 month contract. But I feel he will be one who stays in the changing room as a 3rd choice/ pizza cup striker.

BullittBullitt
        Player

a

Fuck the EFL

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 7 out of contract players.