9 days to go

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 9 days to go

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    horchorc
    Manager

Lets have a strong push for the next 9 days to get the fund to £200,000.
      Tell your mates, your gran, post it on Facebook, twitter and everywhere you post.
      We have to get every penny in we can.

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/official-wigan-athletic-football-club-fundraiser/backers#start

EdwardsEdwards
      Player

They could do with extending it for a few more days as people will have to wait for payday. I don’t think the administrators helped by announcing the deadline of the 31st as it’s made our situation look a bit hopeless.
        Is anyone else starting to get suspicious about these administrators?

I’ll be donating again Friday we need every penny until a bid is accepted

They could do with extending it for a few more days as people will have to wait for payday. I don’t think the administrators helped by announcing the deadline of the 31st as it’s made our situation look a bit hopeless. Is anyone else starting to get suspicious about these administrators?

Yes, having read what they are charging as an hourly rate, and some other items, I’m not at all convinced they care about the well being of the club, and aren’t just stooges for the EFL.

cup winnerscup winners
        Player

They are a business, their sole purpose is to make money and in their case through companies and businesses that have fell on hard times.
          The more they make the more they get paid. Do they care about Wigan Athletic ? Seriously ? pmsl. It’s far easier and more profitable for the scumbags to split and sell the club’s assets separate rather than sell the club intact keeping its assets and worth.

Were are the 5 bidders ?, now Way has waivered all loans why hasn’t the club found a buyer,
          Again,
          It’s because administrators can make more money by splitting up the club’s assets and the likes of Lennegan and the council “keep it local” at a knockdown price.

We have been fianantually fcuked over by all.

Cannot disagree cw. The treatment Wigan Athletic have suffered in the last 2 months has been fucking disgraceful. All this ” the admin main task is to save the club” what a crock of shit they are dismantling it bit by bit and couldnt care 2 hoots about the fans. They say one thing and do something different. As much as I’m still in hope we will be bought I’m also thinking these are the final few days of this amazing wonderful manic little club that has been my life for 50 years.

Nobody wants to buy a failing company so they are selling them as separate companies (which they are) so all this crap about us being a better prospect with a stadium is just that.

Maybe theres a buyer for the football club?

cup winnerscup winners
          Player

I know this might sound harsh but I wonder with all his wealth and the money’s and years DW put in how he can sit back and watch WAFC face extinction.
            I’m in no doubt the past 23 years he was in charge brought some of his happiest times in his life and 1000’s of Wigan fans as well.

I know that if I had wealth like that after what he’s done for Latics there’s no fcukin way I could sit back, pour a brandy in the sun and say fcuk um, no my problem and watch the club be dismantled by a pack money thirsty vultures picking every last penny from the club before been left out for the maggots to finish us off.

Rule 1) we all go in the same box, what counts is what we do while we’re on the outside of it

horchorc
            Manager

I know this might sound harsh but I wonder with all his wealth and the money’s and years DW put in how he can sit back and watch WAFC face extinction. I’m in no doubt the past 23 years he was in charge brought some of his happiest times in his life and 1000’s of Wigan fans as well.
              I know that if I had wealth like that after what he’s done for Latics there’s no fcukin way I could sit back, pour a brandy in the sun and say fcuk um, no my problem and watch the club be dismantled by a pack money thirsty vultures picking every last penny from the club before been left out for the maggots to finish us off.
              Rule 1) we all go in the same box, what counts is what we do while we’re on the outside of it

I agree totlly with you. The figures we are talking now for the purchase of the whole lot is a fraction of what he received 2 years ago. The running costs are also now miniscule in comparison.
              DW Sports has been bought out by Sports Direct (£37M) yesterday, DW Fitness First is still thriving and his own personal wealth has, if anything been added to to the tune of £18M at least since selling WAFC.
              I know he did a lot for us and we hae no right to expect it, but like you I don’t know how he could just sit there and watch this happen to us, when he could just step in and sort it.
              Once we are safe and secure, he could make some of his money back if needs be in no time by selling off some of the assets.

Maybe Mr Whelan is keeping his powder dry until the last moment, knowing that he can out bid Lenagan’s derisory offer and present him with little time or opportunity to rustle up more cash and start a bidding war. It’s often the case that serious bidders hold their nerve until the right moment and then pounce will a killer bid.

I’m sure that Mr Whelan is well aware of the true value of the assets (more than most) and will see an opportunity to beat Lenagan in the final furlong and then re-coup some of his outlay by releasing some of the assets. How can he not be tempted ? We shall see !

I hope your right Ali like myself you must be dying inside with what has happened to our club.

I think we are all dying inside, nonemoreso than DW. His interview showed how distraught he was. But would an 83 year old man want to take on so much responsibility again?

The EggThe Egg
              Chairman

I keep thinking he will turn up on the final day and buy the lot back but it is looking less and less likely unfortunately.

I keep thinking he will turn up on the final day and buy the lot back but it is looking less and less likely unfortunately.

I think you are making assumptions Adam; unless you were in his social bubble for afternoon tea on Sunday.
                He is a shrewd chap and won’t necessarily play his joker upfront.
                It would make a good legacy for young Sharpie, instead of a few million in cash when that Wembley in the sky comes calling.

Nothing would make me happier than uncle Dave rocking up with a suitcase full of cash at the death shouting “I’m having my club back” Problem is I dont trust Krastner who has probably already done a deal with Pollard for the stadium. I still fear that we are fecked

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 9 days to go