9073 was the gate at Meadow Lane

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 9073 was the gate at Meadow Lane

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Yickticmonshaun martin
    Player

minus 1300 Latics fans equals 7773.

Embarrasingly we probably won’t get 7773 on in total for the replay.

If you have no real excuse for not going the Notts County game, and you don’t go, you’re a sh!t fan.

r_p_mcmurphyR_P_McMurphy
      Player

What if the roles were reversed?

We was the League 2 side and County in the Premiership.

It always means more to the underdog.

Just dont read the newspapers in the morning.

I’ll be there Yick, couldn’t give a flyer about what anyone else is doing.

Apart from the fact that I will be on the last minute so the fewer the better for me to ease the traffic issue ;)

Murph_DogMurph
        Player

I’d rather watch Palace vs Wolves on the tele if thats ok with you sunshine.

Yickticmonshaun martin
          Player

I’d rather watch Palace vs Wolves on the tele if thats ok with you sunshine.

Not really Murph Dog, not if you claim to be a Latics mon and could attend the game tonight, and have no real excuse other than you want to stay in and watch the box! No doubt you would be at Wembley should we get there! :roll:

RJ…..It’s the FA cup, even the top 4 want this cup!

The club have done a lot of hard work behind the scenes recently not only signing players, but by the looks of it trying to get good players to stay here. A small gate tonight would be like a slap in the face for them….

With all due respect yickticmon who made you (or anyone else for that matter) judge, jury & executioner on what is or isn’t a “real excuse” for not going to the game?

Yickticmonshaun martin
            Player

You have totally missed the point Tyldesley…..I am talking about folk with no excuse, if someone has a genuine reason fine.

alex_wiganAlex Whalley
              Player

I will be there, looking forward to the game and am 100% confident we will win. I will be attending with my brother so that’s 2 so far + Griff + Yickticmon so we have 4. I would imagine we have 8-9k on in reality as it’s not an attractive fixture, it’s a tuesday night, there’s a virus going round and many people suffering with colds and flu + people may miss this game in order to pay for an upcoming game if they don’t own a season ticket or are going to an away game.

I didn’t go to the Hull game or the Notts County away game and I won’t be going to Fulham but that doesn’t make me a ‘whale fan’ as you put it, I was at Blackburn last week and attend every league game at the DW.

Yickticmonshaun martin
                Player

Good on you Alex, but please don’t bury your head in the sand. I’m talking about the many fans I have spoken to who don’t have an excuse, could make the game, but just won’t be going tonight. There are loads of them!

“You have totally missed the point Tyldesley…..I am talking about folk with no excuse, if someone has a genuine reason fine”

I know exactly the point you were making and I will repeat who made you (or anybody else for that matter) judge, jury & executioner as to what is a “genuine reason” for missing tonight’s game.

I could rattle of half a dozen excuses tonight why I aint going:
                  a) Just about getting over a virus I’ve had since the middle of last week & the thought of sitting in the cold & rain for the best part of 2 hours doesn’t appeal to me
                  b) On top of the above my 11 month old daughter has the same virus, isn’t sleeping for more than about half an hour at a time before waking up crying & therefore I aint getting much sleep either so to be frank sitting in the wind & rain for the best part of 2 hours doesn’t appeal to me
                  c) Its after Xmas which skinted me & whilst I’ve just been paid now I have my daughter’s 1st birthday stuff to fork out for
                  d) I have a large bill to pay
                  e) Latics have won 2 out of their last 12 league games & were recently held to a draw by a bottom division outfit in the cup. The peformances have by & large been dire in that period & the thought of spending my hard earned cash to sit in the cold & rain for the best part of 2 hours to watch more of the same doesn’t appeal to me
                  f) Quite frankly I have other more important things I could spend my money on

Hopefully some of the above qualify as “real excuses” for not going tonight
                  If not then having followed Latics for the last 23 years home & away & visiting over 70 grounds in the process, using my student loan to travel from Wales to watch us when we were truly shit & dole money to fund trips all over the shop in our 97 promotion side when I’d been laid off, not to mention the thousands of pounds spent of my wages over the years, I really couldn’t give a stuff whether anyone considers me a real fan anymore

Sorry for the rant, and it isn’t aimed particularly at you but its always been a pet hate of mine when people who do go have a go at those who don’t & decide what is & isn’t a valid excuse for going. If you go fine, if you don’t fine has always been my motto!!

mrlogicjohn bonney
                  Player

Well said John, best post for ages.
                    i won’t be there BTW, not really a big fan and just go to the big games.
                    Hope we win though, fancy a trip to new wembley.

Yickticmonshaun martin
                    Player

Sorry you have wasted your time writing all that Tyldsley, you don’t really seem to be fitting into the group of fans I am reffering to, ie “Can’t be arsed going”.

I really can’t make it any plainer than that about the ones I am sniping at!

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/page/NewsD … 78,00.html

The message is simple…if you can, get behind the team at the stadium tonight!!

Please see point f) above ;)

As i said though I do know what you’re getting at & yes it can be frustrating at times when you want everyone to be as passionate & committed about latics as you are
                      But people have different levels of commitment to Latics either voluntarily or forced on em through work & personally (& at the risk of sounding like some new age hippie!!) I don’t think its anyone’s place to judge em on that
                      There’s been games in the past when i used to go a hell of alot mroe than I do now that I chose not to go to & its pee’d me off no end when I’ve heard people in the pub or read on messageboards, slagging those off who haven’t gone & grouping them en-masse as unloyal wasters
                      Whatever & I’m starting to ramble a bit :roll: :roll: so I’m gonna shut the feck up now!!!

r_p_mcmurphyR_P_McMurphy
                      Player

You kind of missed my point sickfacemon.

I was responding to your comment about more being on at County then at our place. See my first post for explaination.

I will be there tonight.

Tonights attendance will show what our fanbase would be like in League 1 & 2. A true reflection of our support maybe?

Yickticmonshaun martin
                        Player

Okay, so far nobody other than Logic has fallen into the group of fans I am on about. And we all know Logic is just a tool.

RS, I still think it would be a poor do if County got more on at their place than we do at ours tonight, imho.

Who wants to stand up and be counted as falling into the “could go, but can’t be arsed going” group….come on I know your out there! :oops:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 9073 was the gate at Meadow Lane