9073 was the gate at Meadow Lane

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 9073 was the gate at Meadow Lane

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

“RS, I still think it would be a poor do if County got more on at their place than we do at ours tonight, imho”

As someone else has mentioned. For them the original tie was a big game & a chance for em to grab a top flight scalp
    For us tonight its an extra game that most people’s wallets could probably do without in a game most of us expect to win relatively easily with a much changed side being put out
    Just as a comparison, when they were a top flight side in 1992 we played them at their place in the 3rd round & there was just under 6,000 on
    When we played Coventry in 1991 there were 3k Latics fans in a crowd of 11k which was well down on their average attendance at the time
    Its a fact of life that most top flight club’s attendances drop signifcantly when they play lower league sides in cup competitions. Always has done & always will do

Squire Manny BrownBB
    Player

I keep getting this horrible image of Yicktic , in a dress , full of ale , going red in the face and shouting………….. come on ……….where are you …….let’s be havin you !!! :oops:

No1fanNo1fan
      Player
        Tonights attendance will show what our fanbase would be like in League 1 & 2. A true reflection of our support maybe?

No it won’t, I know two season ticket holders who will be going tonight, both retired.

The rest, who’ve watched the club through the divisions, will give it a miss, just as the clubs, players and media would given half a chance.

You cannot turn on the ‘magic of the cup’ when it suits you, it hasn’t been there for a decade.

Where’s everyone sitting tonight?

As I’ve not taken up the option of keeping my usual seat, I thought long and hard about paying on the door at the East Stand, and looking at the game from another angle. The atmosphere always looks a lot livelier over that side, and perhaps I’d get to have a bit of singsong.

It’s then that I remembered I was most usually a miserable b4stard, and so, West Stand it is yet again.

Sephton01Liam Sephton
        Player

I was about to ask that same question. I have executive tickets as always but i want a seat at ES2. Is anyone in ES2 not going tonight, if so please message me

blueviewpaul brown
          Player

I reckon there’ll only be about 7000 on, I will be there. Yik will pay for you if you like Tyldesley. :D

I was about to ask that same question. I have executive tickets as always but i want a seat at ES2. Is anyone in ES2 not going tonight, if so please message me

I wouldn’t worry too much about it. You’ll be able to sit almost anywhere you like.

blueviewpaul brown
            Player

Always makes me chuckle when I ask for an aisle seat to the left of the West stand and they tell me they’ve only got one available on such a row, when I get in the stand I can pick virtually any row I want, they all have aisle seats available, why do they do that ?

Yickticmonshaun martin
              Player

Lets get a couple of things right….I look quite nice in a dress and I won’t pay for Tyldsley. 8-)

blueviewpaul brown
                Player

Have you just won Big Brother ? :?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 9073 was the gate at Meadow Lane