17 banned.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 17 banned.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    oldengoldieoldengoldie
    Player

17 fans banned over the flares controvesy , you gotta be joking . is this true anybody confirm .

Club statement:-

—————

Club acts swiftly to ban unsavoury spectators

Wigan Athletic in conjunction with Greater Manchester Police has acted swiftly to ban 17 spectators from attending future matches.

The move follows incidents inside the Reebok Stadium at last Saturday’s derby game with Bolton Wanderers when a number of flares were set off within the Wigan Athletic supporters seating area.

The spectators predominantly aged between 15 and 22 have been written to today by the Club, confirming that they are no longer welcome to attend Wigan Athletic games.

Chief Executive Jonathan Jackson said:

“We were extremely disappointed by the behaviour of a small minority of spectators who tarnished what was a fantastic day for the Club.

“We have worked closely with Greater Manchester Police who will be issuing official football banning orders on the majority of those arrested during the game.

“We wish to protect the image of Wigan Athletic as a family Club and do not welcome those who seek to make trouble and endanger the safety of our supporters.”

Prior to Saturday’s game only three Wigan Athletic supporters had been arrested this season and the Club is keen to maintain this record of good conduct.

17 fans banned over the flares controvesy , you gotta be joking . is this true anybody confirm .

Why ‘you gotta be joking’?

If you are moronic enough to light a flare in a packed football stadium and throw it at the pitch – hitting your fellow supporters in the process, you deserve to be thrown out and bounced on every step on the way down.

Standing in aisles is one thing – but if you are caught with a flare, you deserve everything you get.

oldengoldieoldengoldie
      Player

a packed stadium , the reebok , wigan section , you sure . that probably puts us up there with chelsea and millwall in banning orders this season , in my opinion thats takin the piss .

You are the one that’s taking the piss.

It’s illegal and dangerous. End of story.

horchorc
        Manager

I take it all seventeen had flares ,either that or it was one big fucker of a flare for seventeen to have held it and thrown it on the pitch.

oldengoldieoldengoldie
          Player

its called atmosphere , its takin the ptss banning lads who are trying to create something if a few more of our core 13000 could be bothered going 6 mile up the road that would create a atmosphere in itself

its called atmosphere , its takin the ptss banning lads who are trying to create something if a few more of our core 13000 could be bothered going 6 mile up the road that would create a atmosphere in itself

I hope you’re just on the wind up fella, otherwise you’ve taken over Wiggobmon’s title of
            CL’s Thickest Poster.

Please tell me your actin,t,goat lad.Surely you dont condone what happened.Wigan Athletic fans have a great history of behaving themselves this is a bad day for the club.

hindleywafchindleywafc
            Player

You can get banned for farting with intent these days.

oldengoldieoldengoldie
              Player

thats me finished , what a load of nuggets , shit fans , no fans , no atmosphere , have it your way .

thats me finished , what a load of nuggets , shit fans , no fans , no atmosphere , have it your way .

7 posts, and done…

Good effort, bye!

r_p_mcmurphyR_P_McMurphy
                Player

Let’s not forget the age of these supporters. They are not old enough to know better. Lighting a flare probably just seamed like abit of a laugh. We have all probably done alot worse when we were that age? I know I did.

What they did was wrong, but to ban them for what I presume is life is abit harsh. Surely a warning against future conduct and the threat of a life ban would be enough to stop them doing it again?

filmossfilmoss
                  Player

Black nylon wearing dick heads no doubt ! They wont be missed !

SammySammy
                    Player
                      Let’s not forget the age of these supporters. They are not old enough to know better. Lighting a flare probably just seamed like abit of a laugh. We have all probably done alot worse when we were that age? I know I did.

What they did was wrong, but to ban them for what I presume is life is abit harsh. Surely a warning against future conduct and the threat of a life ban would be enough to stop them doing it again?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/flare-kills-football-fan-at-world-cup-qualifying-match-1505057.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 17 banned.