17 banned.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 17 banned.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

last season a man died of a heart attack after the west ham game so in the intrest of saftey, exciting games have been banned at the dw untill further notice. wigan athletic would like tho thanks the players for their cooperation

r_p_mcmurphyR_P_McMurphy
      Player

Sammy

I think you need to read my post again.

Save your links for someone who condones it. :S

Let’s not forget the age of these supporters. They are not old enough to know better. Lighting a flare probably just seamed like abit of a laugh. We have all probably done alot worse when we were that age? I know I did.

What they did was wrong, but to ban them for what I presume is life is abit harsh. Surely a warning against future conduct and the threat of a life ban would be enough to stop them doing it again?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/flare-kills-football-fan-at-world-cup-qualifying-match-1505057.html%5B/quote%5D

With all due respect that was a completely different type of flare. It wasn’t the ones where you rip the top off & hold it, it was one of those ones which you fire up into the air.
        The bloke who let that one off just fired it across the stadium & it hit the fella on the other side – that’s how he died

As for what happened on Saturday, it was wrong. At the end of teh day you aren’t allowd them so the people who brought them in knew the risk they were taking if they got caught with em so if they get a ban of any sort it’s their own fault. The flares didn’t bother me personally but there were kids near me with their dads who were crying & screaming to get out coz they thought the stadium was on fire. A little kid shouldn’t go to any game & get that scared coz of the actions of someone else

Also, I don’t think all the arrests were in connection with the flares beign set off. I saw plenty being carted out for scrapping with the stewards & police

SammySammy
        Player

RP
          It seems to me you are condoning it on grounds of their age or maybe you were being sarcastic and contrary to make a point, which is always good escape route. In fairness to you I could have posted the link against a number of previous posts, just that yours was the last one.

Tyldesley
          I was aware when I posted the link that the flare that caused someone’s death was different to those being set off at Bolton. But if this kind of thing is allowed to carry on it can escalate into something more serious such as reported in the link.

I wasn’t there on Saturday but was at the Stoke game when flares were also set off about two rows directly in front of me. Whilst I didn’t feel in any immediate danger it wasn’t a pleasant experience and some of the younger kids around were very frightened by it.

Banning people from football matches for life for incidents that may seem petty at the time does appear harsh but is becoming more common. I agree that the majority if not all of the 17 banning orders were probably for incidents unconnected with the flares but as you rightly say if you are prepared to set off a flare inside a stadium then you deserve everything you get. I really don’t have a problem with that.

r_p_mcmurphyR_P_McMurphy
          Player
            RP
            It seems to me you are condoning it on grounds of their age or maybe you were being sarcastic and contrary to make a point, which is always good escape route. In fairness to you I could have posted the link against a number of previous posts, just that yours was the last one.

Your wrong. I wasn’t condoning the action of taking a flare into the ground. I was questioning the punishment due to there age.

Again, i suggest you read my post again before replying.

SammySammy
            Player

RP

Your wrong. I wasn’t condoning the action of taking a flare into the ground. I was questioning the punishment due to there age.

Again, i suggest you read my post again before replying.[/quote]
              The club statement doesn’t specifically state why they were banned so how do you know the punishment was harsh?

However, my view is that if a 15 year-old is identified setting off a flare inside a stadium then it is not unreasonable for them to expect to be banned, despite their age.

Anonymous

A young lad has been arrested for setting off the flare but it seems some were banned after been cautioned for anti-social behaviour which can be anything tbh. No doubt some have been banned for mouthing off while the flare was burning away.
                Yes ban the person who entered the ground with the flare and the person who lit it and anyone who touched the lit flare but i’m pretty sure all 17 were not involved and some were shouting at the steward who can’t pish straight with the fire extinguisher.
                If i had of been sat nr it with my lads i would have mouthed off at he flare and the hose carrying steward and probaly be facing a ban.

I’m not defending the idiot in anyway but 17 ??.

…but i’m pretty sure all 17 were not involved

But you don’t know, do you? You think the club would ban 17 people, irrespective of their ages, without due cause?

Anonymous

They tried it against stoke all those year’s back.

Also , some were cautioned for anti social behaviour which basically can be anything from swearing , giving the fingers , shouting at someone then life ban ??, we are at a football match.

jrfatfanjrfatfan
                  Player

Doesn’t this incident get us back onto the debate of sitting in your allocated seat.
                    Not sure how the club “have worked closely with the police” but do the club would have names of the fans that a seat or number of seats were sold to from their database??

The only other way they’ve managed to get 17 fans linked to the flare incidents is by witnessing it themselves and arresting them at the time. The types of incidents being mentioned [other than lighting and throwing flares,]seem to be cautionable offences only and do not warrant arrest or ban.

One of my mates lad knows one of the younger fans who have been banned and he claims to have done nowt, apart from be directly in the area of the incident. :woohoo:

As people have commented on here, if you play with fire you will get burned and luckily nobody did, apart from the perpetrators themselves.

PS As anyone mentioned how these flares have managed to get past the stewards searching people before allowing them to enter the turnstiles. I and others going in at the same time got the scarecrow search, being patted down from under arm to knees. :ohmy:

From Matlock to ManU
                    What a journey!

It all seems a little harsh for wearing flares, I thought they were back in fashion?

Read it properly, EL. They were banned for setting light to the flares. Eye-wateringly dangerous ;)

17 people ejected, 17 people banned
                    seems like a bit of a knee-jerk reaction – presumed guilty

acefaceaaron yates
                    Player

I dont know how to do that copy and paste thing so PLEASE go on to a stie called this northen soul really good article on there titled ban these thugs or summert anyway if anyone knows how doit put it on here cheers

Anonymous

here you go m8 ,this is more like what actually went on :-

http://thisnorthernsoul.co.uk/2012/02/17/ban-these-vicious-thugs-from-the-reebok/?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 17 banned.