29 years ago today

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 29 years ago today

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

The investigation isn’t into whether the Liverpool fans behaved well. The question is whether their behaviour contributed to the disaster.

It’s hardly an individual crime if many supporters arrived at the same time, leading to a crush outside the ground.

Regardless of the behaviour of the Liverpool fans, I expect the investigation to confirm that the preparations made by the authorities were clearly inadequate and put the safety of fans at risk.

The ground had experienced crowd problems on a number of previous occasions. It did not even have a valid safety certificate. The police measures to control the crowds outside and inside the ground were hopelessly inadequate, as were the medical facilities available.

The attempt to cover up the part played by the police after the tragedy was inexcusable.

An awful lot of MUFC bile surfacing in this thread, as I have said before once a united fan always a united fan irrespective whether the replica shirt is blue and white now or not

An awful lot of MUFC bile surfacing in this thread, as I have said before once a united fan always a united fan irrespective whether the replica shirt is blue and white now or not

You do know that EVERYBODY associated with Wigan Athetic who has an ounce of intelligence, and knows of you, thinks you’re an absolute lunatic, don’t you?

He’s off on one again isn’t he, the dotty old Grandad… Below are two extracts from my book that OwdMouthBlue thinks prove that I have always been a Man United fan.

a) they don’t, and
    b) I don’t give a fuck whether he thinks they do or not, and I’m certain that nobody else does either.

Oh, and finally, I’m quite sure that not one of those posting on this thread gave Man United even a second’s thought when deciding what to write. I know I didn’t.

As we reached the age of seven or eight, Andy’s dad would take us to watch some real football. In those days he was not in the rugby league camp like my dad. He was, and still is, almost forty years later, Bobby Charlton’s biggest fan but he would take us to various grounds in the early seventies. I remember going to watch Bolton at Burnden Park and Leeds at Elland Road. Until relatively recently I had match programmes from Old Trafford. I therefore know for a fact that I saw Georgie Best, Denis Law and even Charlton himself play live, without remembering too much about it, sadly.

On my return to Wigan from college at the ripe old age of twenty-two, I became a founder member of Hindley Celtic, a team consisting predominantly of catholic lads that must have been the only papal-influenced team in history to choose to play in an orange strip. As we played on Saturdays, my visits to Springfield Park to watch the Latics over the next few years were still few and far between. As I was also living and working in Manchester, I shamefully lost my primary allegiance to the Latics and became an armchair Manchester United fan. Well, it was either them or Manchester City and what loser would choose City over United? Not this glory-hunter, for sure.

Even if I became a bit estranged from Wigan Athletic, I didn’t lose my love of the game in general. Far from it, in fact…

… In my early thirties, two mighty events occurred to catapult me back into the world of Wigan Athletic. Firstly, I became a single man and moved back to Wigan again and secondly, I ended my Saturday football playing career and plumbed the depths of Sunday League football instead. This enabled me to start watching Latics on a more regular basis. I had neither a care nor a responsibility in the world. My new girlfriend – Helen, now my wife – was happy to keep her independence and positively encouraged me to bugger off to the football. I barely missed a Latics match and rarely missed any match at all on television.

You do know that EVERYBODY associated with Wigan Athetic who has an ounce of intelligence, and knows of you, thinks you’re an absolute lunatic, don’t you?[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words, I actually thought you wasn’t talking to me any longer, imagine my joy at you answering my post. It is also good to know you bothered to take a straw pole over my views with your chums, I am flattered.

You do know that EVERYBODY associated with Wigan Athetic who has an ounce of intelligence, and knows of you, thinks you’re an absolute lunatic, don’t you?[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words, I actually thought you wasn’t talking to me any longer, imagine my joy at you answering my post. It is also good to know you bothered to take a straw pole over my views with your chums, I am flattered.[/quote]

It’s poll.

And I didn’t take any such poll. I did receive at least five unsolicited emails/texts from people categorising you as a grade A tit and sympathising with me for having to put up with you. But you knew that because I mentioned it in the thread the last time I wasn’t talking to you.

The only reason I have engaged you on this occasion is to humour you and put up the ‘evidence’ that you keep hinting at, for some bizarre reason, in the hope that you will now stop boring everyone shitless with it.

If you think I am going to defend it or be embarrassed by it, you are, as I have said before, even dafter than I thought.

I don’t care what you have to say about it, or anything else! Nobody else does either!

He’s off on one again isn’t he, the dotty old Grandad… Below are two extracts from my book that OwdMouthBlue thinks prove that I have always been a Man United fan.

a) they don’t, and
    b) I don’t give a fuck whether he thinks they do or not, and I’m certain that nobody else does either.

Oh, and finally, I’m quite sure that not one of those posting on this thread gave Man United even a second’s thought when deciding what to write. I know I didn’t.

As we reached the age of seven or eight, Andy’s dad would take us to watch some real football. In those days he was not in the rugby league camp like my dad. He was, and still is, almost forty years later, Bobby Charlton’s biggest fan but he would take us to various grounds in the early seventies. I remember going to watch Bolton at Burnden Park and Leeds at Elland Road. Until relatively recently I had match programmes from Old Trafford. I therefore know for a fact that I saw Georgie Best, Denis Law and even Charlton himself play live, without remembering too much about it, sadly.

On my return to Wigan from college at the ripe old age of twenty-two, I became a founder member of Hindley Celtic, a team consisting predominantly of catholic lads that must have been the only papal-influenced team in history to choose to play in an orange strip. As we played on Saturdays, my visits to Springfield Park to watch the Latics over the next few years were still few and far between. As I was also living and working in Manchester, I shamefully lost my primary allegiance to the Latics and became an armchair Manchester United fan. Well, it was either them or Manchester City and what loser would choose City over United? Not this glory-hunter, for sure.

Even if I became a bit estranged from Wigan Athletic, I didn’t lose my love of the game in general. Far from it, in fact…

… In my early thirties, two mighty events occurred to catapult me back into the world of Wigan Athletic. Firstly, I became a single man and moved back to Wigan again and secondly, I ended my Saturday football playing career and plumbed the depths of Sunday League football instead. This enabled me to start watching Latics on a more regular basis. I had neither a care nor a responsibility in the world. My new girlfriend – Helen, now my wife – was happy to keep her independence and positively encouraged me to bugger off to the football. I barely missed a Latics match and rarely missed any match at all on television.

[/quote]

This time you flatter yourself that any of your ramblings in your book made an impression on me.

Two things led me to assume you are a closet MUFC fan, the first was your views that I read on your various social media publications on anything to do with Liverpool football club, and the bile that came out with the merest tap on your keyboard and in particular the Hillsborough rants you made, they had a smell of the nastiness that comes out of ALL United fans at the merest mention of LFC.

The second and the reason I made a light hearted dig at your past football club allegiance actually came from someone you consider one of your ‘mates’, at that point I made a remark that seems to have touched a nerve with you, and your pathetic abuse went into overdrive at that point.

As I have said many times you are a fucking bully who’s only outlet when challenged, like all bullies, is to vent your spleen with venomous insults in the hope that whoever you attack will back down, well my friend no matter what you say I have never backed down to bullies in my life and wont start now.

Thanks for the kind words, I actually thought you wasn’t talking to me any longer, imagine my joy at you answering my post. It is also good to know you bothered to take a straw pole over my views with your chums, I am flattered.[/quote]

It’s poll.

And I didn’t take any such poll. I did receive at least five unsolicited emails/texts from people categorising you as a grade A tit and sympathising with me for having to put up with you. But you knew that because I mentioned it in the thread the last time I wasn’t talking to you.
    [/quote]

Even your opening gambit in this post is a put down because a MACHINE with a pre determined spelling, spells the wrong version, what the fuck other than in ‘griffworld’ does it matter.

So EVERYBODY actually boils down to 5 or so emails/texts, please listen to yourself before posting, there are hundreds of folk who read this board regularly who would categorise BOTH OF US as grade A tits. Deal with it.

Are you an only child by any chance, you seem to have all the attributes of always getting/wanting your own way.

For crying out loud, in the mid nineties there was around 1200 of us turned up for games now we have around 14000. Im quite optimistic that many of our fan base of today had allegiances to other clubs. Most Wigan folk historically supported one of the big four before WAFC hit the big time. What does it matter?, surely it is testament to the club that Wiganners now follow their home town club. Griff and Garswood have openly stated who their former clubs are so unless our core support are all aged under 20 then many on here have still to come out of the closet. Who cares if you once supported someone else?. This club is unrecognisable from the one I started watching as a kid and we now have a new fan base to match. If you was once either a Manc or a Scouse your now Latics so should we not be pulling together instead of mudslinging?

This time you flatter yourself that any of your ramblings in your book made an impression on me.

You actually stated that you had read it in my book! So that makes you senile, a liar or, quite probably, both.

And no, to answer the question you have now asked about a dozen times, I am not an only child. Is there no end to the things you can get wrong?!

This is getting me in the mood for the big fight later…

Griff Groves V Loudmouth Froch :woohoo:

You actually stated that you had read it in my book! So that makes you senile, a liar or, quite probably, both.

And no, to answer the question you have now asked about a dozen times, I am not an only child. Is there no end to the things you can get wrong?![/quote]

I have never stated anywhere what I have read in your book, it isn’t informative enough to become a reference document, I also have never sought out personal information about you, seeing as you make regular references to my age you seem to have researched me, and finally both you and I know that I have never asked if you are an only child, but what the hell it lets you continue your tirade of insults, for some reason that seems to be a retreat where you seek solace in.

You do know that EVERYBODY associated with Wigan Athetic who has an ounce of intelligence, and knows of you, thinks you’re an absolute lunatic, don’t you?

And those that aren’t associated just think you’re a cock.

Wtf.
    Only paid short visits recently and I seem to recall some time ago that yo men had no intention of replying to each other’s posts, what the fuck happened boys?
    Any road, been catching some good fish lately, been to benidorm on a piss up and off to portugal tomorrow so all good on my part, not like yo men it seems, hey ho. So Gomez has gone, pissed off at that one, first nail on the coffin IMO. .I recall being pissed off when Larry Lloyd let Mickey Quinn go to Stockport for 50k . You see as you get older you find that life is too short for all this pathetic shit, just ignore each other and fuckin move on eh. Have you actually met each other? I’m sure you would get on….. Just a little.
    As said before I know both of yo men so have no allegiance with either, you are both good guys.
    However, keep it coming as it keeps me going for a few more minutes after turning out and gives me an excuse for a couple of whiskeys.
    As for lmb not suffering bullies.
    Correct me if I’m wrong here, but didn’t you and warty once ride around Ribbleton estates, in preston, with a shotgun in the car some years ago looking for the scum that tried to break into your car whilst you were fishing?

Good luck boys and if you both care for a drink in the brick pre. Our first home game let me know. That’s if the brick is still open.

Wasn’t quite as bad as you make that sound John, yes we drove around that estate and to be honest would have probably caused damage to the people you talk about had we found them, they had just broken into the saloon part of my car and stolen both our rod holdalls.
    Fortunately they had not attempted to get in my boot which contained the rest of our tackle and not one but two shotguns as we were on our way clay pigeon shooting if the Ribble didn’t have enough water in it.

The worst thing about that was they did quite alot of damage to my car as well, damaged the dash while ripping the radio out, doorlocks, windows etc, It was my first quality car, not the second hand bangers I had before, and was only a month or so old, Mk11 Ford Granada 2.3L.

Not much wrong with your memory, that was about 30 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 29 years ago today