4-4-2 tonight…

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4-4-2 tonight…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    jrfatfanjrfatfan
    Player

… Let’s see how this goes.

From Matlock to ManU
      What a journey!

donnys pageDonnys Page
      Player

May still be 4-2-3-1 with Garner playing as the central attacking midfielder behind Moore.

EdwardsEdwards
        Player

By eck he’s rolled the dice!

Come on the Tics!!!

loweylowey
          Player

Are you sure? I’m not convinced Garner being used as an emergency midfielder yet

bluelaticbluelatic
            Player

Last roll of the dice!!
              4-2-3-1
              Unlike Wales, we dont have a Gareth Bale

EdwardsEdwards
              Player

Not really excited at 1-0 up not really not really heart pumping out my chest

Why do you do this to me Latics!!

Not really excited at 1-0 up not really not really heart pumping out my chest

Why do you do this to me Latics!!

At least it isnt boring.

donnys pageDonnys Page
                Player

A point gained by going for the three. Shame he had to settle for the point when the negative substitutions kicked in on 67 minutes.

bigroybigroy
                  Player

Excellent away performance against an in form team. Unlucky not to win. Always on front foot.

the otterthe otter
                    Player
                      A point gained by going for the three. Shame he had to settle for the point when the negative substitutions kicked in on 67 minutes.

We didn’t exactly shut up shop though. Garner had a decent chance. Robinson shot over. McLeod shot straight at the keeper and we restricted them at the same time.

cup winnerscup winners
                      Player

Went 5 at the back in a game we were in front twice. Brings Kipre on to counter the high ball.
                        As he has shown consistently all season he prefers to let’s hang on in games that are clearly for the taking.

The Pilkington sub should have been a like for like. I’m sorry but his negative style of football when were on top in games have ravaged the club like a disease and smashed the infield confidence of the players.

You say against an in form side ?, did you see a good side in Millwall tonight ? Infact how many really good sides have you seen this season??.

Bar 2 sides this season we’ve been in every game and Cooks tactics and subs when were on top speaks volumes.
                        With better finishing we’d be 3 points better off tonight.
                        It’s looking a bottom 3 slot this Saturday that’s unless Cook plays to win rather than not lose.
                        You can lose 1 in 5 with 4 draws and have 4 points
                        You can lose 3 out your last 5 and have 6 points
                        My point (no pun intended) been, draws will send us down especially in games like tonight purely because Cook cannot manage his side and the a point will do will be are downfall.
                        It’s time the powers that be make the move and give a new manager can assess before the Jan window

SammySammy
                        Player

What a god awful game tempered only by the fact we got a point.

The EggThe Egg
                          Chairman

Were we on top when he brought Kipre on? Looked to me like they were well on top and by going THREE at the back it restricted that which allowed Sterling and Robinson to get forward again.

He then made two attack minded subs bringing Massey and Windass on.

cup winnerscup winners
                            Player

Did it work ?
                              No
                              1) if it ain’t broke dont fix it.
                              A simple change Pilkington would had sufficed.
                              Ffs, he makes changes for the sake of it.
                              Rose tinted glasses on again in a game.

“Brings on two attacking mind players”,

but you failed to mention he took 2 forwards off and both Massey and Windass are not forwards and neither is Robinson (1 goal in 83). Geldhardt for Garner ? More chance of platting a turd

Millwall are not a good side and we let them steal a point but in Cooks eyes we gained a point and that’s exactly were the problem lies

The EggThe Egg
                              Chairman

Or negative glasses on again to find any way to slag cook despite a good performance and a good result. When he made the change we were far from on top and even the commentator was talking about how they were on top and pushing to win it.

Possibly he makes a different change if we aren’t 2 wins from 30 odd games but seeing as they didn’t score or look like it much after I’d say it worked well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4-4-2 tonight…