4-4-2 tonight…

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4-4-2 tonight…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    The EggThe Egg
    Chairman

And why you may feel they’re not a good side, only 1 side has won there all season and they have beaten Leeds and Preston. Tough place to go I’d say.

Player

Some of our fans make the lads on arsenaltv sound like football geniuses

cup winnerscup winners
        Player
          Or negative glasses on again to find any way to slag cook despite a good performance and a good result. When he made the change we were far from on top and even the commentator was talking about how they were on top and pushing to win it.

Possibly he makes a different change if we aren’t 2 wins from 30 odd games but seeing as they didn’t score or look like it much after I’d say it worked well.

So your happy to be in front twice against an average side on the day ?,
          Take an attacking winger off goal scorer infact for a centre half because theyd a big lad ? Cause that was why,
          Take both forwards off and replace for 2 midfielders at their best ??
          Your glasses must be the fcukin size of Jodrell Bank painted in eluminous poster red paint
          Your not living with him are you ?

Get real m8, Cooks out his depth

cup winnerscup winners
          Player
            Some of our fans make the lads on arsenaltv sound like football geniuses

If some take their rose tints off the and put down their happy clippers they might just see we through away 2 points once again,
            Binlid rose tinters are everywere
            When were in the bottom 3 come back and argue your case better

jrfatfanjrfatfan
            Player

If fans want to take negatives from that performance then they are never going to be pleased. I’ve never seen us attack like that in numbers for a long time. At times we had 4 and 5 in their box. Fans might say its a case of papering over the cracks, and I can fully understand why, but give credit where credits due.
              That was 200% better than how we’ve previously been shaping away from home.

From Matlock to ManU
              What a journey!

The EggThe Egg
              Chairman

Exactly my point JR. Am I happy at losing a lead twice? No. Am I happy with a point? Yeah. It’s possible to be both.

Take horcs local team chorley (just messin pal). 2 up away at top of the league, drew 2 all. No doubt their fans are well happy with a point but at the same time it’ll be a long drive home having been 2 up.

We still have plenty of issues away from home there’s no doubting that, but tonight we played well.

cup winnerscup winners
                Player

And 1 point so when we play bad were fcucked.
                  That game was for the taking
                  2 forwards and an attacking winger taken off I’m sorry but bar for a couple of chances in the 2nd half I think most latics fans were waiting for a Millwall late goal as we sat back as per usual.
                  Nobody fears teams that play for points hence why we lose so many late on

The EggThe Egg
                  Chairman

Of course we were waiting on them scoring, thats what you do when it happens every week. Same way you wont back against the scousers nowadays till the whistle goes. Fact is, they didnt score. And seeing as we created chances in the last 5 minutes and brought on a winger and a striker in the like for like swaps you’re on about i wouldnt say we sat back. Or would you rather he took Mulgrew and Dunks off and played 1-4-5?

MR BrownbillMR Brownbill
                    Player

That was like watching 2 pub teams…..cup winners on the money. Big Roy is thrilled to bits cos it’s an improvement on recent screw ups..( that’s not difficult)…Credit to him for going with Pilkington, Garner ,Moore….but out he trots Massey and Kipre none of should be anywhere near the 1st team and its hearts in mouth. Sorry but his substitutions are mind numbing and yes we attacked in numbers but how threatening really were we. As I’ve stated previously it’s a poor league and no one bar Preston has impressed yet we still toil to get even a point. Let’s see if we can resume picking up 3pts at home now which would add value to the point. Me I believe it was another 3 point haul missed.

Defending for both goals is very worrying

MR BrownbillMR Brownbill
                      Player

The ease with which they got the cross in for the second is definitely worrying…..then 2 easy headers.

Defending for both goals is very worrying

I agree! Do we have a defensive coach by any chance?

cup winnerscup winners
                        Player

And that was the reason Kipre came on, to stop the aerial threat.
                          I haven’t said we didn’t play well what I’m saying is, from 2 winning positions we gave away 2 sloppy goals.
                          I would have to say rather than a point gained it was 2 dropped. In a game we were in front twice then to take 3 of your attacking players off to be replaced by a defender, a midfielder, and a wide man who’s totally out of form says it all.
                          I’m sorry but it’s time for a change. Only when were in the bottom 3 will the reality sink in to the happy Clapper brigade. Too many times have we played well then Cook makes negative substitutions then we lose or draw.

Cooks out his depth in the Championship

@The egg
                          Windass is now a “striker” ??? holy mother of Gods on about move the goal post to suit, so I guess we can safely say that Dunkley is as well.

dnrdnr
                          Player

Interesting to read the different views, I only saw the scores and stuff on bbc website so my only thing on this is I think in general you have to ok with an away point, but likely to be in the relegation zone tonight with Boro at home to Barnsley

loweylowey
                            Player

Looking at the game in isolation we played well. Football was pretty basic primitive stuff at times but created a lot more chances than we have recently. His subs in the past killed us and when he brought Kipre on I was foaming at the mouth but to be fair I thought it worked. Others don’t we will never know if it saved us a point or cost us two. I still think Cooks on borrowed time and the selection and formation last night really looked like a last throw of the dice. A joke Pilks been ignored. Let’s see if he sticks to it on Saturday

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4-4-2 tonight…