4-4-2 tonight…

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4-4-2 tonight…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    The EggThe Egg
    Chairman
      cup winnerscup winners
      Player
        Or negative glasses on again to find any way to slag cook despite a good performance and a good result. When he made the change we were far from on top and even the commentator was talking about how they were on top and pushing to win it.

Possibly he makes a different change if we aren’t 2 wins from 30 odd games but seeing as they didn’t score or look like it much after I’d say it worked well.

I don’t need to slag him off, stats are fact. It’s no coincidence that we have not won away for 12 months. Once we fail to win at home (which is starting to happen) then I’m sorry but were going down.
        You saw it one way last night I saw it another and we gave 2 points away once more when playing well.
        No were in this thread did I say we were sh1t, we just need fresh ideas and we need to be braver and cleverer when in front.
        I’m not here slagging the players off I thought we played well but why tf do we have to be have to be happy with a point when 3 was there for the taking ?, taking both forwards off proved to me Cook is not tactically brave enough or we might be 6-8 points better if this season.
        You can’t honestly be happy with our away form and tactics ?. If you are the Stevie Wonder wants his blackout specs back

The EggThe Egg
        Chairman

We last won away in April which is 7 months ago, or 4 and a half when you take the off season out. 1 win in 12 is a poor enough record without you making it worse!! THIS IS A JOKE BTW!!

3 were there for the taking which is why he made two attacking substitutions. Massey was brought on to inject some pace to said attack and Windass played as the striker. Who do you suggest he should have taken off to bring said players on or what other changes would you have made?

Nobody is happy with our away form and in some cases his tactics have been crap. Last night they weren’t and we picked up a good point against a side who had dropped just 7 at home losing once and who have beaten two of the top 3.

Why can the supposed glasses wearers manage to mention when Cook f**** up (which he does often) and yet the likes of you and Brownbill are unable to give him any credit? I’m surprised you’ve not mentioned him being a Liverpool fan yet.

cup winnerscup winners
          Player
            We last won away in April which is 7 months ago, or 4 and a half when you take the off season out. 1 win in 12 is a poor enough record without you making it worse!! THIS IS A JOKE BTW!!

3 were there for the taking which is why he made two attacking substitutions. Massey was brought on to inject some pace to said attack and Windass played as the striker. Who do you suggest he should have taken off to bring said players on or what other changes would you have made?

Nobody is happy with our away form and in some cases his tactics have been crap. Last night they weren’t and we picked up a good point against a side who had dropped just 7 at home losing once and who have beaten two of the top 3.

Why can the supposed glasses wearers manage to mention when Cook f**** up (which he does often) and yet the likes of you and Brownbill are unable to give him any credit? I’m surprised you’ve not mentioned him being a Liverpool fan yet.

No it was a point well earned, have you looked at the table recently ? It doesn’t lie you know or are you going to deny theres a line just above are heads. As I said, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, Cook can’t help himself.
            Next you’ll be telling me Massey and Jacob’s are good enough. Massey has be lacklustre for weeks but he still found his name on the team sheet fcuk knows how, Christ all mighty

The EggThe Egg
            Chairman

Been waiting all night to post that haven’t you?

Personally I’m not concerned where we are in November but will agree it doesn’t look good. IF we are still in there after Reading and Luton then you may get your wish.

cup winnerscup winners
              Player
                Been waiting all night to post that haven’t you?

Personally I’m not concerned where we are in November but will agree it doesn’t look good. IF we are still in there after Reading and Luton then you may get your wish.

Listen, read through my previous, I’ve said Cook seems a genuine honest guy and I wish he could pull it off but I dont know any other manager who would have been backed for so long by a board.

He’s openly said I’ve not a clue why, players take that on board so if he doesnt know why then we’ve no chance.
                The paper remark, fans expect us to hammer other teams , since when ?, utter crap statement and not true. That for me is frustration and then directing his anger at fans.

It’s not my wish, I just feel he doesn’t have what it takes in the Championship.
                This doesn’t make him a bad manager, managers and players alike have levels and this isn’t Cooks.

The EggThe Egg
                Chairman

Maybe he reads social media because it happens on there every week. Vat got his knickers in a twist over said comments and then went on about us being in the Prem and winning the cup. Exactly what Cook is referring to. People thinking we are above what we are. Plenty others do it on twitter.

His comments in the press are exactly that. In the press. I doubt the players care because they will go off what he says in the dressing room.

My issue with sacking him is still who replaces him because another warren joyce malky mackay style appointment will set us further back than being relegated under Cook. In my opinion anyway.

cup winnerscup winners
                  Player

As long as it’s not Ned Flanders Steady Nige I’m happy.
                    We cannot run the risk of sticking with Cook. I’m sorry but it’s gone stale and I cannot for the love of me see how its going to change.
                    If he stays were down it’s as simple as that

The EggThe Egg
                    Chairman

He needs to do a Martinez and eat some humble pie and change some things he has refused to. Tuesday he changed to 442, he needs to change his selections too in some cases.

cup winnerscup winners
                      Player

I think as a whole I think were good enough to stay up.
                        Neil Warnock on a short end of season contract wouldn’t be a bad idea just to stabilise the club and get us away from this hum drum relegation crap.
                        If theres one thing, his man management skills in football are second to non.
                        These players need that right now not been told I’ve not a clue.

I’m a Latics fan not a Cook fan theres a difference. Cook will eventually leave but I’ll still be going
                        My problem is, this is our level right now not League One, we’ve already proved that

MR BrownbillMR Brownbill
                        Player

Christ that”who would you have replace him ” dick question. F******* if I know but isn’t that the roll of the invisible men in charge at the club. People come up with the same old names. That is their full time job.Source….compile a list of feasible candidates, look outside the box maybe. But according to egg if WE can’t name a replacement then we should go down with Cook. As posted earlier the club is stale,Cooks no idea and without a shadow of doubt he is out of his comfort zone. The statistics are damning,our freefall frightening and a point Tuesday was 2 lost.Posters were still stating weekend that we aren’t in bottom 3 ,well peer at table now over your cereal cos we are now.Darren Royles silence and reluctance to take the appropriate measures is a dereliction of duty. A victory over Reading is non negotiable………anything but and he shouldn’t be here come 6pm Saturday.

What’s grinding my gears is that we have at the club Royle and Reid both who have managed at high levels and been potted yet Cook with the ridiculous away record appears to be fireproof. Why the fook is experience not being funneled down to Cook by these guys to try and make him see where he is going wrong. What’s the point of them even being here if the club cannot call on their wealth of experience. I’m beginning to believe that all our problems are not just down to having a poor manager coz it’s looking like we have a weak board who don’t seem to give a shit.

Vat69Vat69
                          Player
                            Maybe he reads social media because it happens on there every week. Vat got his knickers in a twist over said comments and then went on about us being in the Prem and winning the cup. Exactly what Cook is referring to. People thinking we are above what we are. Plenty others do it on twitter.

His comments in the press are exactly that. In the press. I doubt the players care because they will go off what he says in the dressing room.

My issue with sacking him is still who replaces him because another warren joyce malky mackay style appointment will set us further back than being relegated under Cook. In my opinion anyway.

Not got my knickers in a twist, at all.

Have we improved since last season? Go on, do tell….

No, have we hell. We are worse, despite spending 10 million. How?

But I dont buy into this “oh we are little old Wigan, a bumpkin club” mentality…and nor should anyone else. If you do that, you are undermining and disregarding all the hard work of Paul Jewell and previous managers who took us to the top, and kept us there for 8 seasons. For Cook to come out and make those comments, was an actual piss take. I think that was the breaking point for me, and the point where I thought he should f*** off out the club. It reeked of desperation, and turning on your own fans? Not having that. Dont put your own club down like that, ever. Rivals can attempt to, rival supporters constantly do have a go at us, but thats their perogative. For your own manager to start disregarding his own club…and this coming from a koppite! Bill Shankly would NEVER EVER have put his own club down. So shame on Cook for doing so.

Am I hearing Marco Silva referencing Howard Kendalls glory years, or Solksjaer bringing up Fergusons reign, as an excuse for people not to expect similar, and that they need a reality check? No.

Cook is nothing but the Royles puppet. He is the safe option and is a treading-water solution. They gambled on us hovering above the bottom three, not in immediate danger, and so no need to act or do anything. Ive not seen anything yet from Darren Royle that demonstrates strong leadership skills. He is just a front for the Far East owners, and is coming across as, dare I say, characterless? Am I right? I think so. Jonathan Jackson has been a mute as well, compared to how he was during the Whelan reign. Theres so much not right…I am still highly suspicious of how and where this club is heading.

Their plan is unravelling now, I am afraid. It doesn’t help matters when Ive seen a photo from the training ground of Cook pissing about on a ‘Teqhball’ table, being watched by a laughing Darren Royle and some South East Asian bloke. At a time when we are looking like being relegation candidates, Id say he needs to concentrate more on the players training. If anybody hasnt seen this, post your email address and I will send it to you. Or advise me how to put the pic on here, and I will do that.

So no, not got knickers in a twist at all..just a load of serious concerns about the club I have followed as a ST holder since 86. Anybody who isnt concerned needs to give their head a serious wobble.

The EggThe Egg
                            Chairman

The point is (which you’re well aware of) the last two times we sacked a manager we made complete and utter fuck ups in getting a new one because, despite everyone on here hoping so, we can’t attract the likes of Neil Warnock and will end up with a cheap/risky option which on the last two occasions has blown up in our faces.

I don’t want us to go down regardless of who is at the helm but sacking Cook and making the wrong decision could set us back even further so the powers that be need to basically already have their man before they act.

The EggThe Egg
                              Chairman

You’re right with everything you say there vat except you avoided the bit about fans still going on like we’re a PL club because we got there for 8 years.

Paul Jewell, as Bigroy said, spent plenty to get us to the top. Not as much as some clubs but he spent it wisely. We already had a Division 1 squad when we won Division 2. We no longer have the ability to do that. Football has changed and we are no longer a club who can attract the best players because we flash the cash. If the likes of Ellington, Liddell, Filan, Bullard, Kavanagh, Roberts, De Vos were avaialble today in todays market they wouldn’t look twice at us.

The rise of Wigan Athletic was a superb story we were all glad to see but it’s gone and will never happen again unless bankrolled to the hilt. It’s like the Utd dominance of the 90s (which OGS references regular btw) or your mates from across Stanley Park in the 80s. Will never happen again unless they are oil ran like City.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4-4-2 tonight…