4 nations world cup 2013

Forums Non Football Stuff 4 nations world cup 2013

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    mcgooseMcGoose
    Player

Fri 25 March – 21056 v Warrington
      Fri 22 April – 24057 v St Helens
      Fri 1 July – 16426 v Leeds

All league games and all shown on TV.

The “playing London Sides” bears no relevence as both Arsenal & Chelsea still manage to bring in excess of 3,500 fans to help swell the average. Liverpool will bring their 5,000 in the North Stand (and a couple of thousand elsewhere), meaning there’ll be around 12,000 away fans in whatever you muster. Largely the same as the number of away fans in the games listed above.

So, do you reckon you’ll manage to get 50,000 or are we now going to blame Xmas, the weather, the TV, the cost, the recession, the spending cuts, the cats had kittens, the dog hurt his paw.

I wait with baited breath for the excuses for non-attendance….

mcgooseMcGoose
      Player
        Even though it’s more or less £30 for each game and two of them are on t.v.

Apart from its not, is it….

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10429~2511368,00.html

£59 adults and £25 for kids, which works out at £19.33 and £8.33 for each game.

But hey, lets not let the truth get in the way of an excuse not to attend….

This offer is indeed true but he was talking about the cost of each game which in this case is £25-30 per ticket

You will not get a ticket for £19.33 for each of these games

You can get a ticket for all the games if you can find 59 quid a few weeks before Christmas, this might be loose change to you wherever you live but for the average Wiganer on low wages it isn’t. I suppose you think all those millions of people out on the streets yesterday were all celebrating their immense wealth were they? Are you going to write that off as an excuse like you usually do you utter plantpot?

Nothing worse than trying to make someone look stupid and only succeeding in looking stupid yourself :dry:

Anonymous

Even though it’s more or less £30 for each game and two of them are on t.v.

Apart from its not, is it….

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10429~2511368,00.html

£59 adults and £25 for kids, which works out at £19.33 and £8.33 for each game.

But hey, lets not let the truth get in the way of an excuse not to attend….[/quote]

what part of this do you not understand

Wigan Athletic v Liverpool
          Barclays Premier League
          Wednesday 21st December, kick off 8.00pm
          DW Stadium, Wigan

Tickets are now on sale for the visit of Liverpool to the DW Stadium on Wednesday 21st December 2011 at 8.00pm.

This game has been designated a categoy A game with adults tickets costing from £28.

Ticket are only available to supporters with a previous booking history excluding games against Liverpool.

This game is also available as part of our Christmas Hat-Trick of games [Click Here] to buy online now.

MATCH DAY ADMISSION PRICES
          Adult (Central E&W 4, 5, 6, 7 . . . . . . . . . . £30.00
          Adult (Outside Central) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . £28.00
          Concession (Central Areas) . . . . . . . . . . £22.00
          Concession (Non Central Areas) . . . . . .£20.00

Anonymous

Please prove to me when/where you egg tubbers have paid these prices for a standard league game……………?

filmossfilmoss
            Player

Swiftly returning to the Worriers average gate last season based on all 17 home games including a really important play off game…..15,388 !! I think even our relatively poor attendances top that !! Regardless of home or away fans, the figures are based on how many people actually turned up to watch a sport in Wigan. Which sport would appear to be the more popular in Wigan …….Football of course !! The stats never lie !!

Anonymous

The chubbies are always banging on about away fans at tics games but in truth the time that latics have been in the prem as brought millions of pounds into the Wigan economy be it hotels ,pubs shops unlike the thousands of hull fans or broncos fans who regulary fill the away ends of the DW stadium

Anonymous

the wigan metro “rugby” council will do their best to shove rugger yorky league in all the kids faces at school………..fact of the matter is no one is interested at all……………….you try telling a kid that when he/she grows up do you want to drive a vectra or veyron?????????? supermodel or super big mac?????????? £500 a week or 30k a week (and that is the lowest earners)………….trust me their is no future in rugger yorky league fc…………………….union will see to that

anyway i’ll have a homemade carbonara with a dash of white wine and black pepper

I don’t like the w..k Staines my self. I’ve had a go at them in the past on here but I like to think I’ve mellowed a bit and kind of accept now that they are who they are and we are who we are and kind of leave it at that unless seriously antagonised. I remember back in the day catching the train back to Leyland after the infamous game against Sunderland with the Mudslide and Eric Gates Playing for them and us getting a last gasp equaliser was it Paul Cook who got the goal? perhaps I’m wrong?.anyway there was this really really biter Makem who lived in Preston who was catching the train as well bending are ears about how scavvy we had been with the last gasp goal. WAS THAT YOU MUTTY? To get back to my original point I know I have had a go at the Staines on here in the past but up till 12 months ago this board was infested with staines and they deserved it. they are not here any more apart from mutty who is a wind em up and watch go merchant. Your obsession ROD knows no bounds. It’s like it’s the only thing that matters in your life this posting about the Staines. I am intrigued by your motivation ?

Anonymous

No motivation needed. Just putting a crappy little village farmer hobby in it’s place that’s all bob. Ok, maybe if they hadn’t clod me off rlfans.com-unist for no reason what so ever (multiple times). Maybe i wouldn’t bother about them. They spout so much crap about their village game but have a pop a wendyball whenever they see fit. You try to defend your sport and they permanently ban you………………..what a bunch of cocoon dwelling 6 fingered old fashioned yorkshire egg clodders. Hope their tinpot hobby goes bust or preferable took over by union and ceases to exist altogether. (the latter is getting more and more closer by the day ya know)tick tock -x-

mcgooseMcGoose
                    Player

As you are into odds Mr Rodenailbarqueen what’s your odds on over 60,000 turning up at the DW for the next 3 home games against Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool.

37,600 against two clubs who are still in the Champions League – it can still be done if just 22401 show up on Wednesday night for the visit of one of the most famous clubs in the World. I believe the scousers have played their part in selling all their tickets, and it appears that about 1,000 of them bought tickets in the South Stand for the Chelsea game, then didnt show up, just so they had a booking history.

Hope you put your tenner that you won on the 4-nations attendance on this one Rodders as it would make a very Merry Xmas for you!

The bottom line is – it doesn’t matter if twenty people or twenty thousand turn up on Wednesday. It’s Premier League football and is bringing the worldwide exposure and money to the town that no other sport can.

Football is by far the most popular sport in Wigan as a large proportion of rugby supporters also have a football team they favour. The percentage of football supporters who favour a Rugby League team is much less. Many football supporters couldn’t give two hoots about Rugby League.

I’d like Wigan to be top class in all sports. It doesn’t mean I have to watch them though as some of them don’t interest me in the slightest, and Rugby League is one of those.

So, any chance of dropping all the rugby baiting as it’s getting a bit tedious now?

the otterthe otter
                      Player
                        I don’t like the w..k Staines my self. I’ve had a go at them in the past on here but I like to think I’ve mellowed a bit and kind of accept now that they are who they are and we are who we are and kind of leave it at that unless seriously antagonised. I remember back in the day catching the train back to Leyland after the infamous game against Sunderland with the Mudslide and Eric Gates Playing for them and us getting a last gasp equaliser was it Paul Cook who got the goal? perhaps I’m wrong?.anyway there was this really really biter Makem who lived in Preston who was catching the train as well bending are ears about how scavvy we had been with the last gasp goal. WAS THAT YOU MUTTY? To get back to my original point I know I have had a go at the Staines on here in the past but up till 12 months ago this board was infested with staines and they deserved it. they are not here any more apart from mutty who is a wind em up and watch go merchant. Your obsession ROD knows no bounds. It’s like it’s the only thing that matters in your life this posting about the Staines. I am intrigued by your motivation ?

In those days I think Mutty may well have actually been a Latics mon! I don’t know the order of the events, but he was a Latics supporter until the day we did a collection to help pay Stan McEwan’s wages. That was when he turned his back on the club. The day the club needed it’s supporters behind it more than ever. But he couldn’t do it.

That’s the kind of fickle, shallow person we are dealing with here. A man who has no loyalty to a team once the going gets tough. He doesn’t have a chip on his shoulders. He has a whole potato field.

A man with no standing, no respect and no reputation, except that of a bitter soul, who bottled it when his support was actually needed.

In short, a no-mark.

mcgooseMcGoose
                        Player

Actually I think you’ll find he stopped going at all when he moved almost 300 miles away from the area in early 1986, some 2 years before Stan McEwan even signed for the Latics and 3 years before the incident that p!ssed him off with the way the club was run.

The “collection” incident that you refer to was actually the regular blanket collections for the covering of the Terrace behind the goal at Springfield Park in the era when Larry Lloyd was manager and the crowds were around the 8,000 mark around 1983. Many thousands was chucked into those blankets, yet none of it went towards what it was supposed to.

In my world, that constitutes embezzlement.

Always happy to correct a no-mark’s fabrication.

As you are into odds Mr Rodenailbarqueen what’s your odds on over 60,000 turning up at the DW for the next 3 home games against Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool.

37,600 against two clubs who are still in the Champions League – it can still be done if just 22401 show up on Wednesday night for the visit of one of the most famous clubs in the World. I believe the scousers have played their part in selling all their tickets, and it appears that about 1,000 of them bought tickets in the South Stand for the Chelsea game, then didnt show up, just so they had a booking history.

Hope you put your tenner that you won on the 4-nations attendance on this one Rodders as it would make a very Merry Xmas for you![/quote]

What fascinating but ultimately flawed on many level analysis there by the cockneylatics prize dunce Mutty. You seem to be saying that Wigan Athletics support can be judged by who it is they are playing. Why should it matter who Wigan Athletic are playing : Wigan Athletic fans go to watch Wigan Athletic not the opposition.

Wigan Athletics highest and lowest crowd of the season are 15796 and 19280 in either case, no more than a deviation of 1591/1893 from the seasonal average of 17689 and no more than 3484 people turning up to the most attended game than the least attended game.

What a remarkable example of resilience amongst Wigans football fans

Sadly with the rugby support consisting of a large number of out of town day trippers it seems this doesnt hold true in the oval ball code as although Wigan Warriors managed 24057 in their most attended game, a massive 11244 fans go missing when it comes to the clubs lowest league attendance (12813)

Are rugby fans really that fickle?

Maybe Saints bring 11244 fans, that would explain it

So the natural conclusion we can draw from this fact based analysis is that most Wigan Atletic fans turn up week in, week out ( 80% of them ) regardless of the opposition whereas Wigan Warriors fans only turn up for the big games with nearly 50% of them going missing when the lesser lights go to town.

Still I’m not surprised after all we won the league and you were fighting relegation. Oh no hang on I got that bit the wrong way round :dry:

Anyway, thanks for highlighting how loyal football fans are and how fickle rugby fans are when it comes to their respective league campaigns.

You really do help to reaffirm just what a loyal bunch our Latics fans are

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Non Football Stuff 4 nations world cup 2013