40 nations

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 40 nations

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Standish repeated cho leaving 1 left and Griff has just tipped it to 40 with Todorov.

Magno never played Tyldsley (don’t think) Cwyka, Beasejour and Miyachi were repeats.

Peywet, Again repeats, And Bukran is a cheeky attempt haha. I went to that pre-season game against Everton when he put us 1-0 up but lost 6-1

I saw Magno play for Latics in a pre-season friendly so if Bukran counts then so does he. Doesn’t matter anyway like coz someone remembered another Brazilian (Thome)
    Like I said though until you know how The Obby decided on a player’s nationality there’s no way of knowing if any list is correct – Jason Roberts isn’t Grenadian, Boyce isn’t Barbadian, Chimbonda isn’t French etc..
    It’s a veritable minefield & I demand a recount[/quote]
    My take on it is if they have played international football for a country, then that is their nationality.

If they haven’t played international football, then it is their ‘declared’ nationality.

SammySammy
    Player

Maybe there should be a Chad – not hanging of course – in there somewhere!

filmossfilmoss
      Player

Richard Kingson… Ghana.

filmossfilmoss
        Player

What about Jamaica..Damien Francis ?

And that my friends concludes the mystery player. goodpost goodpost goodpost goodpost goodpost

But who was that keeper?

Come on George, Need your wisdom.[/quote]

Could have said Marlon King !!!!

And that my friends concludes the mystery player. goodpost goodpost goodpost goodpost goodpost

But who was that keeper?

Scott Bishop

If you define it by country of birth then the situation is very different.

I haven’t updated this for the last couple of years(yet)but this is the by-birth-country list:

The Foreign Legion

I only counted league appearances too.

But who was that keeper?

Scott Bishop[/quote]

Thats the bugger, Interesting wiki page

Remember talking to him in the warm up with my mate, Seemed like a nice enough chap.

If you define it by country of birth then the situation is very different.

I haven’t updated this for the last couple of years(yet)but this is the by-birth-country list:

The Foreign Legion

I only counted league appearances too.

You can add Shaun Maloney to that list – born in Malaysia

Scott Bishop

Remember talking to him in the warm up with my mate, Seemed like a nice enough chap.[/quote]
          I cheated Yosser…

I Googled ‘New Zealand Goalkeeper, Wigan Athletic’ because to be honest, I can’t remember him.

The EggThe Egg
          Chairman

Scott Bishop

Remember talking to him in the warm up with my mate, Seemed like a nice enough chap.[/quote]
            I cheated Yosser…

I Googled ‘New Zealand Goalkeeper, Wigan Athletic’ because to be honest, I can’t remember him.[/quote]

I couldn’t have told you his name without cheating but I know he played in the Marsden Cup success in 1998 as I had to stare at the picture for 3 years when I worked for JJB.

filmossfilmoss
            Player

I cant understand how Richard Kingson-Ghana wasn’t mentioned by anyone, its not as if it was years ago !! The Jamaican lads were a strange omission as well !

JohnDoeTony
              Player

Paul Scharner- outer space

Antonio Valencia – Neverland

Geoff Horsfield – land of the giants

Albert crusat – Lilliput

Just thought of another goalie Germany – Roy Tunks,

Would this be their actual nationality or the country they have represented at international level?

Chimbonda was from Guadeloupe but played for France
                The Observer really needs to clarify this!! ;)

Just a note – Guadeloupe is a territory of France/inhabitants have french citizenship – so I don’t think that one matters – though still an important distinction in all the other cases listed.
                (Aside – FIFA doesn’t recognize Guadeloupe because of this, but they do play in CONACACAF’s championships – if they were a separate country, some of those french teams may not have had as much success – I believe both Henry, Thuram, and 1-2 others are actually from Guadeloupe, not France proper).

Would this be their actual nationality or the country they have represented at international level?

Chimbonda was from Guadeloupe but played for France
                The Observer really needs to clarify this!! ;)

Just a note – Guadeloupe is a territory of France/inhabitants have french citizenship – so I don’t think that one matters – though still an important distinction in all the other cases listed.
                (Aside – FIFA doesn’t recognize Guadeloupe because of this, but they do play in CONACACAF’s championships – if they were a separate country, some of those french teams may not have had as much success – I believe both Henry, Thuram, and 1-2 others are actually from Guadeloupe, not France proper).[/quote]
                Far too intelligent and sensible a post for this forum.

I know of at least two posters who will have just read that, and whose likely response would be B) :silly: :woohoo: :whistle:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 40 nations