5-4-Friday… 5 Wigan Fan Moans

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5-4-Friday… 5 Wigan Fan Moans

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    bigroybigroy
    Player

Could have sworn that at Wembley ‘Championies Championies’ is always played post match alongside ‘We are the champions’. Why does it make Wigan fans look thick? They are using the word in its correct context according to its definition so what’s the problem? It’s always ‘Well nobody else does it’, ‘ I’m embarrassed’, blah blah blah. Simple then. Don’t sing it. For those ‘thickos’ who choose to let em get on with it. Have we not all done that for years?

Nobody comments when on Tuesday night a large section of the East stand sing ‘Ingerrlund’ when a young Asian lad in the Leicester end celebrated his teams goal. That to me is far more worthy of criticism!

Nope, you’re wrong.

If they sung ‘wi-ii-inners’ they might as well sing ‘champ-i-ons’

They don’t. They sing ‘champ-yuns’, so they might as well sing ‘wi-nners’.

Nope you’re wrong
      I’ve sung it & have always used “champ-I-ons” and not “champ-yuns” not has it ever sounded like champ-yuns from others if I’m honest
      As you’ve said elsewhere in this thread at the end of the day those who don’t like the chant ultimately only have the “no-one else has ever said it” argument – so fuckin what? Why are people suddenly so concerned about what other people think about us?
      Half the chants out there aren’t grammatically correct and no-one gives a shit. This one is & people are getting their knickers in a twist just coz no one else has ever called themselves fa cup champions before. Only at Latics

fathamp1m atherton
      Player

great article/blog from griff.

The gomez boo boys has been a real annoyance. I would never boo a wigan player no matter how badly he was playing. I despise those idiots around me in the south stand who moan constantly about him…theyve been quieter recently though.

he deserves better and for his own sakes he would be better off moving club.

Liverpool have a reputation(at least by media) of knowledgeable fans, we have a reputation of dickhead fans.

I can’t see what this debate is even about other than ‘griffopinion’ being law, every dictionary describes the winning person, team or institution as champions.

I wondered who would make it personal first. The smart money in the Griffin household was actually on that other old twat, not you. So, it’s all my opinion, is it? I am the only one in the winners corner, am I? Hardly! From what I can see, all the clever lads are in the winners corner, whilst all the thick lads are, seemingly, chumpions. I haven’t spoken to one person (and I have asked a lot; Wigan fans, other teams’ fans, colleagues, high-ranking football administrators) whose opinion I give a toss about who thinks it should be champions. In fact, even some people who I previously had down as thick as two short planks think it should be winners. That’s good enough for me.

Why on earth does it matter one way or another what kids sing at a football match or if it is factually correct or not…

It seems to matter to you quite a bit, since you went to all that trouble to write that shite.

We won it again
        We won it again
        FA Cup winners
        We won it again!

Brilliant moment this afternoon.

Leeds fans sang

Who The F**k
        Who the F**k are you?

Response from ES 2.

We know who we are
        We know who we are etc etc etc.

Leeds

No response to that had they??

Bunch of scumbags.

Everyone around me in the South thought that was hilarious !!! :cheer: :cheer:

jrfatfanjrfatfan
        Player

Lets move on shall we its the most childish debate I’ve seen on here for a long while. We must have all sung it at some point and it lets other fans know that we have won the fa cup, end of. It’s just the same toffee in a different wrapper. :P

Now then, should I call my dads dad grandad, grampa, gramps, pappa….. :whistle:

Speak for yourself. I’ve not.[/quote]

Well done you! :P

From Matlock to ManU
          What a journey!

It’s a pity that they can’t sing something familiar that everybody is happy to join in.

We know who we are
          We know who we are
          FA Cup winners
          We know who we are

I can’t see what this debate is even about other than ‘griffopinion’ being law, every dictionary describes the winning person, team or institution as champions.

I wondered who would make it personal first. The smart money in the Griffin household was actually on that other old twat, not you. So, it’s all my opinion, is it?

[/quote]

I don’t normally read any tripe you put onto here, however, Grandson pointed out this little nugget and thought it hilarious. You see, here you go again being wrong – and then admitting it on this board. As much as I’m flattered that I can be a topic of conversation in the ‘Griffin household’ (and here was me thinking that you weren’t bothered and that nothing got under your skin) I find that you were wrong (again) about who was going to make it personal first. Actually, if you really want to look back, it was you that became ‘personal’ first in the previous thread.

Now then, you should be totally ashamed of yourself involving your family because you have made them, too, look right chumps. How is your missus going to feel when talking to her mates and they start giggling behind her back, or look away in embarrassment – worse still just think of pointing and sniggers in the school yard.

Look lad, you stick to being up-your-own-arse and let everything else lie eh? Think of your family lad, they don’t deserve the humiliation. I’m off now so all the best from “the old twat” family

SammySammy
          Player
            It’s a pity that they can’t sing something familiar that everybody is happy to join in.

We know who we are
            We know who we are
            FA Cup winners
            We know who we are

Other clubs have produced memorable songs and chants but we seem to be in the special needs class when it comes to our fans.
            They had possibly a unique opportunity to sing about our FA Cup win and cocked it up. They can’t get the words of YAMS right. They copy a chant from Zulte Waregem fans, which could have been turned into something more representative and fitting, but get it completely wrong. Surely there must be some fans in ES2 with an IQ in double figures who can give us all something witty and original to smile about.

Nope, you’re wrong.

If they sung ‘wi-ii-inners’ they might as well sing ‘champ-i-ons’

They don’t. They sing ‘champ-yuns’, so they might as well sing ‘wi-nners’.

Nope you’re wrong
            I’ve sung it & have always used “champ-I-ons” and not “champ-yuns” not has it ever sounded like champ-yuns from others if I’m honest
            As you’ve said elsewhere in this thread at the end of the day those who don’t like the chant ultimately only have the “no-one else has ever said it” argument – so fuckin what? Why are people suddenly so concerned about what other people think about us?
            Half the chants out there aren’t grammatically correct and no-one gives a shit. This one is & people are getting their knickers in a twist just coz no one else has ever called themselves fa cup champions before. Only at Latics[/quote]
            The only one who seems to be getting his knickers in a twist is you!

Yes, Wigan fans are the only ones ever to refer to their club as FA Cup Champions, but then again, we are famous for our groundbreaking songs:

You’re just a small town in Villa
            Again, we’re going to win you again
            You’re just a town full of P@kis

Again, we’re going to win you again (now that is comedy genius) – I do object to the Town full of P**** though.

All we have here is a (small) group of ‘educated’ football supporters arguing the toss whether a football chant is grammatically correct or not – those that choose to sing champions couldn’t give a toss. I’d argue that even some of those who find champions offensive were guilty of singing it out loud themselves in the heat of the moment at a very important match (they even admitted to doing the Poznan as well). Who cares (really) what is sung as long as it adds to great atmosphere – and shuts up the Leeds fans at the same time. Shall we write to Greg Dyke asking that he puts a task force together to regularise the chants for each stadium and fine those breaking the grammar police rules. We are not the only club to have this type of chant (some even still play music after a goal is scored – how very working class). Now if anyone is really bothered why don’t those in the West Stand start singing the correct version for them so that they can learn from the learned – oh that’s right no bugger sings in the West Stand they just tut loudly and suck on their mints at the incredulous youth enjoying themselves across t’other side.

Put it to bed lads, no one is bothered what the minority think (whether correct or not) and it’s not going to change.

grumpygrumpy
            Player

Cheers for that, I’ve not been in the youth bracket for a long long time, but I’ll be doing my bit again on Saturday with all my other youthfull friends singing our hearts out and as you said making it a great atmosphere for everyone else, not looking forward to blowing up the giant beach footballs up though, it made me very tipsy last time, (saves on the beer money though)

blueviewpaul brown
              Player

It’s our cup and we’re keeping it,
                It’s our cup and we’re keeping it…………
                Might take a while to learn it but I’ve left out the word champions .

bigroybigroy
                Player

All clubs sing the same words to YAMS. They arent gonna sing ‘you’ll never know dear’ ffs. The FA cup song is generally sung as ‘We know what we are’ and the song we pinched from Zulte is original to this country as was the poznan to City. Watched Derby on TV a few weeks ago and they were copying it. If it wasnt for ES2 our ground would be like a morgue.

Sat in main stand for one of FA cup games and atmosphere was bloody awful. Oh and on Saturday the ‘Theyre here, theyre there, theyre eveey f***** were Savilles kids’ even had the Leeds fans applauding. Our unorignal fans who sing classics such as ‘lets hang on’ and ‘im a believer’. Bloody rubbish Wigan.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5-4-Friday… 5 Wigan Fan Moans