5-4-Friday… 5 Wigan Fan Moans

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5-4-Friday… 5 Wigan Fan Moans

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Seriously cock, this forum was just about getting back on its feet. You’re the only one consistently acting the prock now. Some of us know how to do banter and how to make it mildly amusing and when to stop. You’re adding nothing. Even your insults are bobbins. Not arsed with you anymore, much better things to do.

Apology accepted cock, glad you saw sense. I shall trouble ye no more.

So when we are out numbered 5 to 1 against the Arsenal and us ES2 crowd are singing our hearts out “ FA CUP CHAMPIONS, WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE” and we are winning 4 – 1 in the 89th minute your telling me after a couple of shandy’s your not going to join in .How are we going to fit FA CUP CHAMPIONS TWICE into the song ?

I can’t see what this debate is even about other than ‘griffopinion’ being law, every dictionary describes the winning person, team or institution as champions.

Nobody is questioning the validity of calling the premier European football competition the CHAMPIONS League which is so wrong on every level, not one person disputes that Andy Murray winning a knockout tennis competition is not Wimbledon Champion, or the that a single Golf tournament can be called the British Open Championship and its winner the Champion.

Even Wigan Warriors recent trip to Australia was described by the media as the battle between the Champions of both countries, good god Wigan won an end of season knock out trophy to qualify for that match, they were not even the champions of the domestic league, a league system which is an argument some of you are putting forward as the only rightful method to be called ‘champions’

Why on earth does it matter one way or another what kids sing at a football match or if it is factually correct or not, we all know that “here we go, here we go”, “wanky, wanky wanderers”, or “what’s it like to see a crowd”, “who’s the bastard in the black”, “in your liverpool slums” or a whole host of football fan related songs are anything but the truth, why get hot under the collar from this one.

Let me leave you with this, no doubt the rendition of ‘FA Cup Champions’ will be belted at some stage next Saturday and may be heard by Arsenal fans, if the worst happens and they go on to win the cup, if a club of their size and stature start to sing that song will it be legitimate then, the lads in ES2 have invented that song and there is only us that can sing it, perhaps next year someone else may do so, and we will always be the ones to say ‘that was our song’[/quote]

The point is, nobody, but nobody calls the WINNERS of the FA Cup the ‘champions’ except Wigan Athletic supporters, and that makes us all look a little bit thick.

Yes, ‘champions’ is correct as per the dictionary definition, but it just sounds like the fat kid who fluked a win at sportsday and whose mother refers to him as ‘her champion’ at every opportunity, while everyone else sniggers behind their hands.

If Arsenal win it, I’ll bet you £50 now they won’t sing ‘FA Champions’.

[/quote]

Within minutes of Arsenal wrestling the crown from our heads a large group passing us as we headed back to the coaches were singing an update version

“you’re not any more, you’re not any more, FA cup champions, you’re not any more”

Don’t get too confident with your post, I have visions of Josephs Goal receiving a nice new crisp ‘humble pie dedicated’ £50 note.

Within minutes of Arsenal wrestling the crown from our heads a large group passing us as we headed back to the coaches were singing an update version

“you’re not any more, you’re not any more, FA cup champions, you’re not any more”

Don’t you think there was a chance they were being ironic?

Don’t you think there was a chance they were being ironic?[/quote]

Ironic ?

Do me a favour, we are talking about fans from a team of their stature that in reply to our ‘I’m A Believer’ had as there pre match Wembley song ‘Hey Jude’, that I think is dedicated to an ‘ordinary/poor French forward who plays for them.

No they were not being ironic.

The EggThe Egg
    Chairman

Still doesnt mean they’ll sing it. It was 100% in response to beating us after we’d been singing it all game.

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5-4-Friday… 5 Wigan Fan Moans