5-4-Friday… 5 Wigan Fan Moans

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5-4-Friday… 5 Wigan Fan Moans

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    The EggThe Egg
    Chairman
      Even Wigan Warriors recent trip to Australia was described by the media as the battle between the Champions of both countries, good god Wigan won an end of season knock out trophy to qualify for that match, they were not even the champions of the domestic league, a league system which is an argument some of you are putting forward as the only rightful method to be called ‘champions’

Like it or not, but Wigan Warriors are the Super League CHAMPIONS. Huddersfield were the LEAGUE LEADERS. The Champions in rugby league are the winners of the Grand Final.

It’s stupid, but rules are rules just like nobody on here will complain when we get promoted from 5th/6th as opposed to the team that finished 3rd.

SammySammy
      Player
        Again, we’re going to win you again (now that is comedy genius) – I do object to the Town full of P**** though.

All we have here is a (small) group of ‘educated’ football supporters arguing the toss whether a football chant is grammatically correct or not – those that choose to sing champions couldn’t give a toss. I’d argue that even some of those who find champions offensive were guilty of singing it out loud themselves in the heat of the moment at a very important match (they even admitted to doing the Poznan as well). Who cares (really) what is sung as long as it adds to great atmosphere – and shuts up the Leeds fans at the same time. Shall we write to Greg Dyke asking that he puts a task force together to regularise the chants for each stadium and fine those breaking the grammar police rules. We are not the only club to have this type of chant (some even still play music after a goal is scored – how very working class). Now if anyone is really bothered why don’t those in the West Stand start singing the correct version for them so that they can learn from the learned – oh that’s right no bugger sings in the West Stand they just tut loudly and suck on their mints at the incredulous youth enjoying themselves across t’other side.

Put it to bed lads, no one is bothered what the minority think (whether correct or not) and it’s not going to change.

I strongly object to that assumption…….! :ohmy:

The only one who seems to be getting his knickers in a twist is you!

Yes, Wigan fans are the only ones ever to refer to their club as FA Cup Champions, but then again, we are famous for our groundbreaking songs:

You’re just a small town in Villa
        Again, we’re going to win you again
        You’re just a town full of P@kis

I’ve gone commando today so there’s no knickers to get twisted!!! Some others obviously do though hence why it’s appeared on a blog & why some refuse to sing it
        Of the 3 examples you state of Latics groundbreaking songs one is geographically incorrect, another is completely incorrect use of English & the last one is just racist
        They don’t really compare to a chant which just boils down to personal preference between 2 words both of which can be used

galacTICSanjay Shah
        Player
          I doubt that you have done enough research, or indeed would be able to find out that no club in the 142 history of the fa has referred to themselves as FA Cup champions, either officially, via the terraces or local folklore.

Since when have we given a fcuk about history or what other fans think?

Champions of the competition that is the FA Cup; winners of the trophy that is the prize in said competition. Simples.

BTW – Itwasbackintheday – for several years I refused to sing “Blue White Army” as I thought the crowd was chanting “Blue IRA” :oops:

filmossfilmoss
          Player

I have sat back and read all the replies to this thread and from what I can gather the ES2 lot are NOT going to change their words and so I say oh so politely, get over it ! When folk start to get too analytical at a football match then in my opinion perhaps they need to join a book club or something. Why would you concern yourself over what a bunch of our fans are singing as long as it isn’t offensive? As for bringing education into it! Not everyone likes to watch Woody Allen films, some prefer The Carry On films! I myself am a big fan of black and white Polish and French films with subtitles but that’s how I roll, but come match days we are all one and our differences are put aside as we get behind our team vocally.

I don’t normally read any tripe you put onto here …

But that is patently not true, is it? Not only do you read it, Grandad, you give yourself a coronary responding to it while everyone laughs at you.

So, as well as old, obsessed and dull, we can add liar – at worst – or senile – at best – to your rather unimpressive list of character traits.

But that is patently not true, is it? Not only do you read it, Grandad, you give yourself a coronary responding to it while everyone laughs at you.

So, as well as old, obsessed and dull, we can add liar – at worst – or senile – at best – to your rather unimpressive list of character traits.[/quote]

Everyone laughs at me? Take a look in the mirror lad and wipe that face paint from your face. As for having a coronary reading the shite you post; as I have said before it is you with the high stress levels, and weight problem who should be worried about coronary problems (how many chins do you actually want) and those black Uncle Fester eyes you display (in that picture of the three of you) shows that you have serious fatigue and stress problems (probably brought on by the tittering behind your back – is everything ok at home lad?).

Now talking of senility, it is you who is displaying early onset demetia for it I who started with the “adding to character traits” – take a look at the “Can you settle a difference” thread, post 125690. So away you go and copy my prose eh? Just goes to show that you are not even original. Now LET ME add Plagiarist to your ever increasing list of character traits – Now this is shocking because as a plagiarist no one can believe that the book you have written is all your own work, indeed I bet you have copied most of it from unpublished works and passed it on as your own. That would then bring thief into your big box of traits.

I hear the sound of a drowning man, lost up his own backside with his ivory tower collapsing around him and splashing into the water around him.

Blub blub blub blub

And now for something completely different – I hope.

thty5yearswafctrevor hoy
            Player

Obssession by itwasbackintheday available on italkshyte,com

So, as well as old, obsessed and dull, we can add liar – at worst – or senile – at best – to your rather unimpressive list of character traits.[/quote]

Everyone laughs at me? Take a look in the mirror lad and wipe that face paint from your face. As for having a coronary reading the shite you post; as I have said before it is you with the high stress levels, and weight problem who should be worried about coronary problems (how many chins do you actually want) and those black Uncle Fester eyes you display (in that picture of the three of you) shows that you have serious fatigue and stress problems (probably brought on by the tittering behind your back – is everything ok at home lad?).

Now talking of senility, it is you who is displaying early onset demetia for it I who started with the “adding to character traits” – take a look at the “Can you settle a difference” thread, post 125690. So away you go and copy my prose eh? Just goes to show that you are not even original. Now LET ME add Plagiarist to your ever increasing list of character traits – Now this is shocking because as a plagiarist no one can believe that the book you have written is all your own work, indeed I bet you have copied most of it from unpublished works and passed it on as your own. That would then bring thief into your big box of traits.

I hear the sound of a drowning man, lost up his own backside with his ivory tower collapsing around him and splashing into the water around him.

Blub blub blub blub[/quote]

Blub blub blub!! What the fuck is that, or did your gandson take over at that point?!

Would it help if I granted you and The Torch a private audience? It might ease your obsession. I can pass on my diet tips, if nothing else.

Now talking of senility, it is you who is displaying early onset demetia for it I who started with the “adding to character traits” – take a look at the “Can you settle a difference” thread, post 125690. So away you go and copy my prose eh? Just goes to show that you are not even original.

Not really, you silly old twerp – it’s called responding. That’s what happens in a debate. That, and you making yourself look silly.

Obssession by itwasbackintheday available on italkshyte,com

Hilarious lad, let me have your number so I can book you for Granddaughters next birthday party.

Now talking of senility, it is you who is displaying early onset demetia for it I who started with the “adding to character traits” – take a look at the “Can you settle a difference” thread, post 125690. So away you go and copy my prose eh? Just goes to show that you are not even original.

Not really, you silly old twerp – it’s called responding. That’s what happens in a debate. That, and you making yourself look silly.[/quote]

Aye, alright lad. I’m not disputing the fact that you have achieved the above – now hurry up and make a doctors appointment (no seriously)

thty5yearswafctrevor hoy
              Player

Oh dear such a sad and miserable man :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Not really, you silly old twerp – it’s called responding. That’s what happens in a debate. That, and you making yourself look silly.[/quote]

Aye, alright lad. I’m not disputing the fact that you have achieved the above – now hurry up and make a doctors appointment (no seriously)[/quote]

Seriously cock, this forum was just about getting back on its feet. You’re the only one consistently acting the prock now. Some of us know how to do banter and how to make it mildly amusing and when to stop. You’re adding nothing. Even your insults are bobbins. Not arsed with you anymore, much better things to do.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5-4-Friday… 5 Wigan Fan Moans