600 tickets sold for a game which can decide our future

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 600 tickets sold for a game which can decide our future

• This topic has 36 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by JaytJayt.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

I’m considering going :)

ticsladTicslad
    Player

JayT
      It wasn’t really a dig at Griff, the post orignally was a dig at the amout were taking.
      Griff and others will have kids that decided how far they can pursue their hobbies and I accept that.
      But, do you believe all are in the same boat?
      It is annoying which you must understand being a Wigan fan, all the posts on here which talked about Bolton.
      How come they get free travel but we don’t?
      Then when we do, it’s a big let down.

Griff, apologies. It was meant in general not at you then I went further than I should.

blueviewpaul brown
      Player

I’ll be going tomorrow and I’m really looking forward to it, there’s plenty of away games I can’t get to due to family or work commitments though. Not having a go at you Ticslad but I guess by your usermane that you’re a fairly young chap, who doesn’t have too many things to stop you going to any game you like.
        I think 600 tickets, if that’s all we’ve sold is disappointing though, I expected us to take around a 1000 +, considering the free coaches and the importance the game could have had.
        I took a call when putting this on and the above was on by the time I posted.

banjostringVP
        Player
          Not having a go at you Ticslad but I guess by your usermane that you’re a fairly young chap

Not that young, I reckon he’s at least 34.

JayT
          It wasn’t really a dig at Griff, the post orignally was a dig at the amout were taking.
          Griff and others will have kids that decided how far they can pursue their hobbies and I accept that.
          But, do you believe all are in the same boat?
          It is annoying which you must understand being a Wigan fan, all the posts on here which talked about Bolton.
          How come they get free travel but we don’t?
          Then when we do, it’s a big let down.

Griff, apologies. It was meant in general not at you then I went further than I should.

No need to apologise, you didn’t offend/wind me up in the slightest. As for tomorrow’s game, even if I were considering going, I would never go on the supporter’s club coaches because the thought of an away trip to London without the solace of gallons and gallons of alcohol just doesn’t bear thinking about. That’s just my personal view, though – nothing against the supporter’s club or those that use it. That may also be why some people are not going, I don’t know – it’s not my concern.

Others may like the idea of free travel but not the £30-odd for a match ticket.

Others, myself included, may well have other reasons for not going, not related to cost or Wigan Athletic.

As I said before, it’s none of your business why people choose to go or not, and maybe you will be less quick to judge in future.

As I also said earlier, have a good day and bring 3 points back with you.

ticsladTicslad
          Player

As far as the drinking bit is concerned I agree. Going early, supping on the coach, stopping off in a village on the way there and back will be a big miss.
            We would normally go on a coach run by The globe pub, but due to free coaches, he isn’t taking one.
            Obviously experienced, so what do you reckon? Grin and bear it or try the pop bottle trick? ;)

pkokPhil Keane
            Player

Thought really hard about this one but £35 ticket finally put me of.
              Hope you all have great day out.
              “Up the tics”

As far as the drinking bit is concerned I agree. Going early, supping on the coach, stopping off in a village on the way there and back will be a big miss.
              We would normally go on a coach run by The globe pub, but due to free coaches, he isn’t taking one.
              Obviously experienced, so what do you reckon? Grin and bear it or try the pop bottle trick? ;)

Don’t try the pop bottle trick or whatever. If it’s found (a) you could be arrested, (b) the whole coach could be turned back, and (c) the coach company would be fined – which means that we wouldn’t have coaches for the future.

gekkoGekko
              Player

Try the pop bottle trick .
                Went to Luton when my eldest ( he is taking a pub stop coach tomorrow ) ,said ” Dad , that red wine is leaking and running down the coach .
                The supporters club do a fantastic job , credit to them and those that travel with them , just abit too quiet for me .
                Griff , part timer of the highest order , only jumped on the bandwagon when we got into the premiership :roll:
                The original post of 600 tickets sold i find hard to believe , there will be over a thousand there , credit to those going , i used to go every game myself but prices of the tickets has alot to do with the lack of support away these days …..i will be honest , only reason i am going is i get a free day out through bringing my son up right 8-)

blueviewpaul brown
                Player

I would have thought there might be 600 on the freebies, plenty more getting there by other means.
                  No smiling on the supporters club coaches please, you’ll stand out a mile – and definately no singing, this is the only offence in England that you can still be hung for !

Seeing as the club were prepared to fund free coach travel for everyone, wich could have been 2000+, then perhaps they will consider free coaches to Chelsea for those 600 who are travelling tomorrow. A small but welcome gesture by the club to those who truly do support the club, and it will have still cost the club less than it could have.

Good luck tomorrow – I really hope the cheats go down – A small part of me is hoping for a Hull win tomorrow!

Anonymous
                    Get behind the team
                    Get behind the team
                    Get behind the team
                    Get behind…..

Then you see those spouting don’t even go.

I can cheer, clap, boo, moan, sing, chant or what ever because I earn it by supporting the club, especially during it’s most important games.
                    Those fair weather fans who turn up when it suits, should keep opinions about supporting Wigan Athletic to themselves.

Nice one coming from the mon who was spouting about our performance at Birmingham away at 5-30pm :lol: :lol: :lol:

had some blindin away trips and Gekko could organise the best could have bought a new car with what i spent at Arsenal couple o seasons back great trip tho :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous

I dont really want to give my money to gold and sullivan – would rather put it towards next years season ticket.

Hardly a game that decides our future – maybe the hull or chelsea game might come under that category

Well done lad, maybe you have just dropped someone in it.Let’s just hope the OB don’t read this. :roll:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 600 tickets sold for a game which can decide our future