75 out of 100

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 75 out of 100

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    filmossfilmoss
    Player

Six months tomorrow since we won a game at home !! Now that sort of home form is indeed fascinating !!

lowtonlaticDavid Graham
      Player

Have to agree Jayt, even the commentator said Al Habsi was the only one keeping us in the game?

Thats why at the end of the game Villa were getting booed off by their fans and Wigan were getting applauded.

The general concensus of fans just off that, shows there was reasonable satisfaction with the way we played by the majority of fans. Five points from three games is a good return and something that we can take some heart from in my opinion.

Six months tomorrow since we won a game at home !! Now that sort of home form is indeed fascinating !!

I have found it fascinating since Martinez arrived and hope he perseveres with it. I’m not one of those who expect us to be winning thew Champions League though so it doesn’t upset me if don’t win every game by a panful.

But it wouldn’t do if we were all the same now, would it Phil? For example, you wouldn’t catch me wearing Gilbert O’Sullivan’s hat but I’m sure there are others that will ;)

filmossfilmoss
        Player

I have found it fascinating since Martinez arrived and hope he perseveres with it. I’m not one of those who expect us to be winning thew Champions League though so it doesn’t upset me if don’t win every game by a panful.

But it wouldn’t do if we were all the same now, would it Phil? For example, you wouldn’t catch me wearing Gilbert O’Sullivan’s hat but I’m sure there are others that will ;)[/quote]

Its a Breton Mariners Cap, not the same !! I did expect us to win more than one game when I bought my season ticket I have to admit ! Lets hope we can bag a few home victories before the close of the season !

Its a Breton Mariners Cap, not the same !!

Same horse, different jockey ;)

MR BrownbillMR Brownbill
          Player

Until scoreboard starts reading Wigan 55% possession Villa 0 then i’ll start giving a toss about it.All this bollocks rhetoric about how wonderfull we are at keeping the ball,14 corners so on ,so on means jack s**t.We cant win games because we are tripe.Please dont tell me the table tells lies because the 1 stat that sums up Robbies tenure is 100 odd games and back to back wins once.And as for being pleased that we havent resorted to lumping it forward ,jesus i give up.Whats more boring than watching this sideways drivel ?

Until scoreboard starts reading Wigan 55% possession Villa 0 then i’ll start giving a toss about it.All this bollocks rhetoric about how wonderfull we are at keeping the ball,14 corners so on ,so on means jack s**t.We cant win games because we are tripe.Please dont tell me the table tells lies because the 1 stat that sums up Robbies tenure is 100 odd games and back to back wins once.And as for being pleased that we havent resorted to lumping
            it forward ,jesus i give up.Whats more boring than watching this sideways drivel ?

Each to his own, pal – I actually find YOU far more boring than watching this sideways drivel, for one.

filmossfilmoss
            Player

Until scoreboard starts reading Wigan 55% possession Villa 0 then i’ll start giving a toss about it.All this bollocks rhetoric about how wonderfull we are at keeping the ball,14 corners so on ,so on means jack s**t.We cant win games because we are tripe.Please dont tell me the table tells lies because the 1 stat that sums up Robbies tenure is 100 odd games and back to back wins once.And as for being pleased that we havent resorted to lumping
              it forward ,jesus i give up.Whats more boring than watching this sideways drivel ?

Each to his own, pal – I actually find YOU far more boring than watching this sideways drivel, for one.[/quote]

You have got to admit Griff, Bob’s overall record doesn’t make good reading !! 9 times out of 10 the reason teams can get 10 men behind the ball against us is because we start most of our moves from the back and by the time we reach the final third they have been waiting for us for ages !! :)

9 times out of 10 the reason teams can get 10 men behind the ball against us is because we start most of our moves from the back and by the time we reach the final third they have been waiting for us for ages !! :)

Hang on Phil, most teams these days start from the back and try to keep possession.

It’s the lack of movement into space, and vision to spot the final ball that’s the stumbling block with Wigan.

Gomez has that ability, he’s just lacking in pace – which if he had, he wouldn’t be playing at Wigan.

jrfatfanjrfatfan
              Player

I actually thought we did most of our tippy tappy passes further up the field yesterday. I think they have started playing a bit quicker than we have for most of the season.
                The stats that get banged about are so varied its unreal. To quote that we had 44% of possession in the first half to villas 56% was utter shyte, yet that’s what was displayed on the concourse tv’s.
                Some national paper today gave Alcaraz 5 out of 10, yet he made two England players in agbongywhatsisname …. and Bent look non league.

I’m surprised nobody has picked up the fact that Caldwell and Alcaraz actually look Prem players at the moment. Me and my mate were chatting in the car coming home and both agreed that we wouldn’t swap more than 2 or 3 players with that villa team. :woohoo:

From Matlock to ManU
                What a journey!

I actually thought we did most of our tippy tappy passes further up the field yesterday. I think they have started playing a bit quicker than we have for most of the season.
                The stats that get banged about are so varied its unreal. To quote that we had 44% of possession in the first half to villas 56% was utter shyte, yet that’s what was displayed on the concourse tv’s.
                Some national paper today gave Alcaraz 5 out of 10, yet he made two England players in agbongywhatsisname …. and Bent look non league.

I’m surprised nobody has picked up the fact that Caldwell and Alcaraz actually look Prem players at the moment. Me and my mate were chatting in the car coming home and both agreed that we wouldn’t swap more than 2 or 3 players with that villa team. :woohoo:

I think Caldwell in particular was outstanding yesterday, and has been one of our best players over recent weeks.

He’ll still get slated though as soon as he puts a foot wrong.

The last two home wins at the DW have been by Wigan Warriors & Wigan Warriors. In different seasons.

jrfatfanjrfatfan
                Player

The last two home wins at the DW have been by Wigan Warriors & Wigan Warriors. In different seasons.[/quote]

How many chubsters watched those two wins?, we had over 20,000 at the DW for that boring 0-0 draw.
                  Move along little egg boy. :lol: :whistle:

From Matlock to ManU
                  What a journey!

filmossfilmoss
                  Player

9 times out of 10 the reason teams can get 10 men behind the ball against us is because we start most of our moves from the back and by the time we reach the final third they have been waiting for us for ages !! :)

Hang on Phil, most teams these days start from the back and try to keep possession.

It’s the lack of movement into space, and vision to spot the final ball that’s the stumbling block with Wigan.

Gomez has that ability, he’s just lacking in pace – which if he had, he wouldn’t be playing at Wigan.[/quote]

I was referring to our lack of pace and backwards passing which enables the opposition plenty of time to take up a safe back line and be ready for us when we do decide to move it forward !

The last two home wins at the DW have been by Wigan Warriors & Wigan Warriors. In different seasons.[/quote]

How many chubsters watched those two wins?, we had over 20,000 at the DW for that boring 0-0 draw.
                    Move along little egg boy. :lol: :whistle:[/quote]

Attendances and possession do not get you any points. I would have thought even a rotund, baldy the wrong side of 40 would have grasped that by now

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 75 out of 100