19 November 2020 at 11:56 pm #190014
Show the cash and its theirs.
As stu says…8 weeks in and no cash shown.20 November 2020 at 12:06 am #190015
They have provided proof of funds for the next two seasons and beyond.They have shown the cash ,it’s the EFL that are stalling.20 November 2020 at 12:24 am #190016
They have provided proof of funds for the next two seasons and beyond.They have shown the cash ,it’s the EFL that are stalling.
Only if they run the club with 3 staff, 4 players and an apprentice.20 November 2020 at 7:28 am #190017
The timescale has x2 elapsed now its time to see what the other 2 offers are about. Its not all about the efl its about the 840k supporters club money, the Spanish want it.
So let’s see, the Spanish want the 840k SC thrown in for a measly 5% share ?.
On my reckoning that puts the club at around £16.8million. Do they think we’re fcukin stupid or what.
Its time to see what else is out there there’s apparently 2 better offers.
I’m sure if the 840k wasn’t in the equation we’d be over the line.
I don’t like these Spanish guys previous somethings just not right. Our 840k should not be a part of any deal. That money needs to be tucked away for future protection.
Exclusivity has been and gone twice!! so our wonderful admin lead by one ugly fat cnut is deciding to play God and break the rules if and when suits.
You can’t tell me there’s nothing sinister going on,20 November 2020 at 9:54 am #190018
I think the EFL need to make the decision.Yes ,it’s acceptable or no it’s not and it’s back to the drawing board.I have to make the point again ,where have these other bidders been all summer ? The price kept reducing ,assets were being sold off .The club was for sale for absolute peanuts in business terms and still nothing from these local business men.At least the Spanish made an offer that the admin found to be acceptable.Everyone else just wanted certain assets but not ,apparently ,Wigan Athletic FC.20 November 2020 at 11:28 am #190019
We don’t know how long these guys have been around. They could have been looking through yhe data room, doing their due dilligence and putting their bid together making sure everything was in place.
According to big Gerry, the Spanish got the keys to the data room Monday and put a bid through on Wednesday (Days may be wrong but you get the idea). You can’t put a business proposal together in 2 days that is 100% spot on and clearly from the way this is dragging out they haven’t done.
I still don’t believe that if they were no issues the EFL would be dragging this out just for the laugh.20 November 2020 at 12:29 pm #190020
This has dragged on for 7 fcukin weeks and things are still as clear as mud. The one thing that is clear is the Supporters Club who now have cash n clout are not to best pleased with the Spanish and their proposals who want their hands on the 840k. The Spanish have made it clear they won’t be throwing money at the club that’s fine, I get that but, they’ll be happy to throw “OUR” money at it.
Na it’s time to look at other opportunities. They’ve had long enough and a further extension has come and gone. How long is this exclusivity now been moved to?? for ever ??.
Now admin say “We don’t want to push this deal to one side then find out that the other 2 potential buyers offer’s are no good.”
And what if we let this War and Peace takeover saga go on and on and the Spanish fall through and the other 2 fcuk off like what’s happened in the past?. It’s like a non refundable deposit with a pick up date. You don’t show you lose your deposit. People keep saying “Oh it’s the EFL” some of the delay will be them but these Spanish want us for nearly free then in 2-3 years flog us on at a profit. Checkout the previous and they don’t always get it right.
Admin have the power to say “OK what you got to offer ?” to other’s but they prefer the easy life and lets get rid. It’s time to way up other options and fcuk these guys off
Show or shut the fcuk up I say 7 weeks and were no closer 840k for 5% says a fcukin lot about them fcuk em off I say20 November 2020 at 12:48 pm #190021
The ultimate decision has to come from the EFL.If the Spanish deal falls through and the admin select another prospective buyer then we will still be in a situation where the EFL have to approve them.They need to set a deadline instead of letting this whole sorry saga drag on and on.21 November 2020 at 4:37 pm #190022BlueneonPlayer
- 11 Posts Started
- 1,606 Total Posts
In other words….we are up shit creak without a paddle.22 November 2020 at 2:20 am #190024SprinGy1960Player
- 4 Posts Started
- 44 Total Posts
If we don’t get a better and stronger squad in by the end of January,
Relegation is more or less a formality.22 November 2020 at 10:32 am #190025
We need to get this takeover over the line and we can start to make some progress.Its going to be a massive ask. The new Manager will have to hit the ground running ,the few senior players we have will have to pull their finger out and we are going to have to make some shrewd signings.We have all got to pull together as fans and get behind everyone at the club ,hopefully ,we can put this absolute nightmare behind us and look forward to better days at the DW ( or whatever it might be called ).22 November 2020 at 12:41 pm #190026runcornfan1978Player
- 310 Posts Started
- 2,724 Total Posts
We need to get this takeover over the line and we can start to make some progress.Its going to be a massive ask. The new Manager will have to hit the ground running ,the few senior players we have will have to pull their finger out and we are going to have to make some shrewd signings.We have all got to pull together as fans and get behind everyone at the club ,hopefully ,we can put this absolute nightmare behind us and look forward to better days at the DW ( or whatever it might be called ).
Here Here!23 November 2020 at 6:51 am #190027
By the sounds of it these Spanish have based their takeover on getting their hands on the Supporters clubs 840k in return for 5% of nothing.
They claim to have had 10 years experience in lower league Spanish which is the equivalent to our 10th tier football clubs. I bet running Garswood or Daisy Hill would be a harder task.
No for me if you go for exclusivity you base that bid on you solely funding our resurrection not on outside funding propping the club up.
Its time to listen to others to see what they have to offer cause to me the Spanish have come to the table with no cutlery
23 November 2020 at 9:02 am #190029Super Stuart BarlowPlayer
- This reply was modified 1 day, 15 hours ago by cup winners.
- 28 Posts Started
- 1,576 Total Posts
Seems that way pal. How many chances do you get to prove you are fit and proper?
They may well be, but if after 7/8 weeks there are still issues then I don’t see how.23 November 2020 at 9:53 am #190030
The Spanish have submitted funding plans for the next two years and beyond ,this has been approved by the administrators,they are happy to continue with or without the supporters club being involved.The main stumbling block seems to have been the Council and the rent arrangements for the Rugby.This now seems to have been resolved and they can move forward.If you now want to go back to the drawing board with new bidders that may or may not exist and might or might not have sufficient funds,then fine but the process will take another two or three months and we will be absolutely doomed to relegation and more uncertainty.
This is now a matter of urgency,we need to give the Spanish a chance.If the new bidders are genuine ( for me ,if they were they would have been in the process months ago )then ,maybe they will return when the Spanish are looking to sell in three or four years time.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.