Forum Replies Created
It should be either all clubs can have crowds back or none can.It’s bound to cause arguments.Clubs will claim it’s an unfair advantage ,and rightly so ,if they can’t have crowds in and other clubs can.
I think the Spanish have more or less said the same with the supporters club money.If this Frampton bloke really cared ,as a local business man ,he would have been involved months ago.There are a lot of unanswered questions with him,admin don’t want to know for probably a very good reason.If he is as committed as he says he is then he should be ready to make the Spanish an offer in a few years time.Don’t forget they put the money on the table when no one else was prepared to do so.
I beg to differ ,the admin have to find the budget proposals acceptable in order to present them to the EFL for approval. Everything is now in place for the EFL to give that approval ,if they don’t then we are back to square one.I really am sceptical regarding these new bidders ,don’t forget at the start of all this there were over fifty interested parties , most of them turned out to be time wasters .At least the Spanish have put the money on the table and presented a realistic way forward.
The Spanish have submitted funding plans for the next two years and beyond ,this has been approved by the administrators,they are happy to continue with or without the supporters club being involved.The main stumbling block seems to have been the Council and the rent arrangements for the Rugby.This now seems to have been resolved and they can move forward.If you now want to go back to the drawing board with new bidders that may or may not exist and might or might not have sufficient funds,then fine but the process will take another two or three months and we will be absolutely doomed to relegation and more uncertainty.
This is now a matter of urgency,we need to give the Spanish a chance.If the new bidders are genuine ( for me ,if they were they would have been in the process months ago )then ,maybe they will return when the Spanish are looking to sell in three or four years time.
We need to get this takeover over the line and we can start to make some progress.Its going to be a massive ask. The new Manager will have to hit the ground running ,the few senior players we have will have to pull their finger out and we are going to have to make some shrewd signings.We have all got to pull together as fans and get behind everyone at the club ,hopefully ,we can put this absolute nightmare behind us and look forward to better days at the DW ( or whatever it might be called ).
The ultimate decision has to come from the EFL.If the Spanish deal falls through and the admin select another prospective buyer then we will still be in a situation where the EFL have to approve them.They need to set a deadline instead of letting this whole sorry saga drag on and on.
I think the EFL need to make the decision.Yes ,it’s acceptable or no it’s not and it’s back to the drawing board.I have to make the point again ,where have these other bidders been all summer ? The price kept reducing ,assets were being sold off .The club was for sale for absolute peanuts in business terms and still nothing from these local business men.At least the Spanish made an offer that the admin found to be acceptable.Everyone else just wanted certain assets but not ,apparently ,Wigan Athletic FC.
They have provided proof of funds for the next two seasons and beyond.They have shown the cash ,it’s the EFL that are stalling.
Now that Lenagan and Nandy have spoken today I fully expect an announcement from the EFL tomorrow rejecting the Spanish bid for no good reason. Watch this space!
For whatever reason she is trying to put pressure on the EFL to reject the Spanish bid.I personally don’t like the sound of any of the alternatives.As you say she needs to wait until the EFL have made their decision.The Spanish have put their money on the table,unlike some.Why have they waited until now? for me it’s too late and the Spanish should be given their chance.
Has Lisa Nandy actually spoken to the Spanish ?To me , their proposals seem very sensible.She seems blinkered in her opinion that we need local ownership.I don’t suppose it has occurred to her that certain local parties might have ulterior motives.
Has Lisa Nandy actually spoken to the Spanish ? To me ,their proposals seem very sensible.She seems very blinkered in her opinion that we need local ownership.I don’t suppose it has occurred to her that certain local parties might ulterior motives.
My preference would be to let the Spaniards take over.They are proper football people,I think under them we could slowly but surely move forward .If a Wigan born business man had genuine interest in Wigan Athletic he should have put his cards on the table months ago ,for me it’s too late in the day and smacks of desperation .Why should the Spanish “move over”? They have done everything right it’s the EFL that’s been delaying the process .I just wonder if someone with EFL connections has been whispering in their ear ?Someone let’s say ,who would love to have control of the stadium and also have their foot on our throat to keep us permanently in Division One /Two.
Really have my doubts about his ability to manage and organise players.He can certainly spot potential in players and in my opinion would be an ideal coach in our youth set up ,which is where our future lies.
Caldwell as a replacement for Sheridan is a definite no from me.He is more suited as a coach /scout.He brought some good players to Wigan the problem was he could not manage them.