Forum Replies Created
I thought the three players you mentioned are gone?? i.e. Jacobs ”After spending five years with Wigan, Jacobs left the club upon the expiration of his contract at the end of the 2019–20 season”. Not that I always believe wiki!!
If we hit the ground running we’ve no problem but I’ve a feeling as our luck will run out and we’ll be relegated because of this fiasco, the season should have been void.
Don’t think our ‘recent’ run of good form can be considered ‘lucky’? We’ve played quite well in some of those games. Still think we’ve a bit to do. I’d take a point tomorrow and hopefully Hull/Charlton draw also.
I’m an overseas supporter (Ireland) so I don’t get to see as many games which may explain a few ‘peculiar’ choices here!
5) Northampton Town (H) 2-1 win. My first Wigan game, September 2000 I think. Haworth and Liddell with a cracker scored and the game was held up for about 10 minutes due to crowd trouble, away fans of course!!
4) Millwall, Wembley, 2-0. Seeing Wigan at Wembley will always be a highlight. Also a bit of crowd trouble, am I seeing a trend here :huh: ??. Unfortunately couldn’t return for the cup final as it was my daughter’s communion.
3) QPR (A) 1-0, 2003, my first Wigan away game with the Duke chesting the ball in from close range.
2) Reading, 3-1, game that clinched promotion to Premier League. Another thing I remember from that great day was seeing an Irish tricolour hanging the West Stand with ‘Tiocfaidh ar la’ written on it :ohmy: . Maybe James was in attendance!
1) West Ham, 3-2, what a game, the fightback from 0-2 to win 3-2. The game could have finished 10-10, buzzing for the night. My wife, who went shopping in Manchester, thought I had taken something when I met her!!
What about the relegation battle?? How many go down??!!??
Merry Xmas to all!!