Forums Non Football Stuff 6274

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
  • Author

So that will be a 3pm kick off for tics v boro on 24 August then?

It will be changed. You ain’t a premier league attraction any more.

SammySammy
    Player
      So that will be a 3pm kick off for tics v boro on 24 August then?

It will be changed. You ain’t a premier league attraction any more.

Did you read my previous post or just chosen to ignore it?

And the fact we are not a Premier League team has nothing to do with likely change in kick-off time.

I did read your post Sammy. My comment was in response to truelatics claim that Wiganers “dont give a shit about this mickey mouse game”.

If that was true, then the tics/boro game would kick off at 3pm on 24 August and would be played in front of a large crowd – none of whom have been admitted for free.

Now that you no longer have the global appeal that being in the premier league had, the game can be moved without incurring the wrath of Thailand, Indonesia, Hong Kong and other places where the PL games were shown.

Lets see when the game is played – keep it to 3pm on Sat and we may be discussing a 6274 crowd again.

blueneonBlueneon
      Player
        Can’t see wigan selling all their final tickets drove past the stadium at 11am and the queue was 4 not 400 but 4 people

you do know they are the man utd of rugby league,on and off the field.one thing for sure todays match with wires v hull the players and fans can hold their heads high,not like yesterdays epic at leighers own stadium

thty5yearswafctrevor hoy
        Player

this mons lost the plot over on chubbie.com talk about over the top

I think it helps for the neutral that it was Wigan dishing out the hiding, as we are the most famous team, and for many who only watch the game occasionally, having the chance to see the wonder of a world famous brand would be a great throw back to when the game was at he height of its popularity.
          Had a much less famous brand – say, Warrington – won, it would have done more harm to the game.
          I was reading an article which said that while people like evenness of competition they also love greatness. Who complains that Bolt always slaughters his opposition.
          For someone tuning in for the first time in a while they would have seen a world famous brand putting on an exhibition. The broader context would hardly register.

the otterthe otter
          Player

mutty, leaving all petty disputes aside, what is your own opinion of the match and attendance for the Rugby Semi Final at Leigh on Saturday?

Tez HTerry Hill
            Player
              I did read your post Sammy. My comment was in response to truelatics claim that Wiganers “dont give a shit about this mickey mouse game”.

If that was true, then the tics/boro game would kick off at 3pm on 24 August and would be played in front of a large crowd – none of whom have been admitted for free.

Now that you no longer have the global appeal that being in the premier league had, the game can be moved without incurring the wrath of Thailand, Indonesia, Hong Kong and other places where the PL games were shown.

Lets see when the game is played – keep it to 3pm on Sat and we may be discussing a 6274 crowd again.

Dear Deluded,

It was announced a couple of weeks ago 8000 ST had been sold.
              Boro normally bring a healthy following. Lets say a minimum of 1500.
              Even a chubbie jawdee should understand the maths on this one?

Wigan Athletic can dine out on the FA Cup win, worldwide for at least a season, green eyes. Mind you don’t crash into the signs around the borough in a fit of rage.

Come on Hull!

T

Tez HTerry Hill
              Player

Forgot to mention I was at a do with 2 egg men ST holders yesterday and they didn’t even go or watch all of the game on tv. Reason? Embarrassment. 70-0 in Wigan’s backyard with half empty ground did their heads in but they couldn’t see the irony that they didn’t go. “Gooint Wembli tho”
                Noble even mentioned it when I flicked over and saw them post match.How it’s a bad do when a team plays at a neutral venue, in the same borough, in a small stadium and there’s nobody in it.

To think we were ridiculed for taking 20k to Wembley for a semi and these men can’t fill a little ground 5 miles away.

WAFC are actually the class support in the town, as is now proven. We’ll take more to Wembley for a curtain raise friendly than the Chubbies took to Leigh :cheer: :lol:

mutty, leaving all petty disputes aside, what is your own opinion of the match and attendance for the Rugby Semi Final at Leigh on Saturday?

1. The match. Total embarrassment. I went to London in May and felt sorry for the Broncos that day as they were whipped by a Wigan side who were in top form. On Saturday Wigan didnt have to get out of 2nd gear. London were awful, and you’ll find many threads on RL sites expressing the disgust at the performance that London put up. Thankfully, not many of their fans shelled out to see it. I felt sorry for the 100 or so that made the journey. I did not feel sorry for their players, who clearly were not interested after it went 18-0.

2. The attendance. 6200 Wigan fans for a cup game against the worst side in the league on a Saturday tea time on terrestrial TV is about what I’d expect. As you well know, games that do not come as part of the ST are not very well attended. Throw in BBC coverage and considering the standard of the opposition, then it was about what I’d expect to see a non-contest. Had it been against either Hull or Warrington, then I think a few more would have gone, as whilst we like to see our side win, we also like to see the opposition try.

Dear Deluded,

T

And of course every single one of those ST holders will pass up on the chance of going to Wembley for a Tics/Boro game instead? Where will The Egg be that day? Or do you just count every ST holder on the crowd figure regardless of whether they are in attendance? I thought that was just a chubby trick…

And if you think Boro travel in such huge numbers, you are in for a surprise.

the otterthe otter
                Player

So you can’t criticise the rugby for taking around 5.5 to 6k to a semi final half a dozen miles up the road against a team they were expected to beat, but found it very easy to criticise Latics for taking around 16k to a semi final a couple of hundred miles down the road against a team they were expected to beat? And at at least double the ticket prices too!

As for your point about the rugby final, how many dual season ticket holders do you think there are? I’d say a couple of dozen tops. Don’t flatter yourslelf or the sport of rugby league to think that it wil affect our attendance that much. In fact, in recent years we’ve actually managed to attract a few of our floating fans who decided they’d rather watch us than see all the once a season hangers on on telly.

thty5yearswafctrevor hoy
                  Player

Dear Deluded,

T

And of course every single one of those ST holders will pass up on the chance of going to Wembley for a Tics/Boro game instead? Where will The Egg be that day? Or do you just count every ST holder on the crowd figure regardless of whether they are in attendance? I thought that was just a chubby trick…

And if you think Boro travel in such huge numbers, you are in for a surprise.[/quote]

they’ll bring a couple of thousand for Championship game on a Saturday more than what the Rhino’s normally bring no doubt and twice the distance eh Mutts notice you’ve avoided the Dundee f******* United friendly attendance on the other thread :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

filmossfilmoss
                    Player

The guy on Granada Reports said that there was a ticket frenzy down at the DW for the RL final and then it cut to the ticket office and there were like 6 people buying tickets ! They spoke to a couple of them and I am not being funny but they came across as being a few cigarette coupons short of a toaster ! Many have said that RL is dying on it’s arse and this article warns of just that !

Who Will Stop Rugby League In Great Britain From Dying?

” the club has received an initial allocation of 10,000 tickets for the Wembley showpiece on Saturday, August 24.”

’nuff said ;)

notice you’ve avoided the Dundee f******* United friendly attendance on the other thread :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

3838. Your point being….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Non Football Stuff 6274