Forums Non Football Stuff 6274

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    filmossfilmoss
    Player

A question and I really don’t know the answer to this…Have WAFC players paraded the FA Cup around the pitch at a Warriors home game ? Genuine question ! If the answer is yes then how well were they received and if not, why not ?

The EggThe Egg
      Chairman
        A question and I really don’t know the answer to this…Have WAFC players paraded the FA Cup around the pitch at a Warriors home game ? Genuine question ! If the answer is yes then how well were they received and if not, why not ?

Not that I know of but I imagine that Whelan will bring it out on Friday night along with the Challenge Cup. Latics were mentioned several times yesterday by Shaun Wane and Ian Lenagan and even appeared in the match program on Saturday lifting the FA Cup in the column about Wane in which he said as a proud Wiganer he hopes both cups are held in Wigan at the same time.

horchorc
        Manager

14,333 who stood and applauded the Rugby League Challenge Cup.

Give it a rest lad. You’re becoming very boring.

14,332 actually. I turned my back on the klumps as they entered our pitch and didn’t turn back until I was told the parasitic cuckoos had left our pitch.

Never forget.[/quote]

How incredibly mature! ;)[/quote]

Thank you Griff, I too thought it was a very mature and poignant way to show my total disregard for a group of people I couldn’t give a rats piss about.

I suppose I could have disappeared under the concourse like most people, or booed them like quite a few did, or even sniggered and thought ‘who the feck are this lot’ like the Boro fans probably did. But no, I was mature and respectful as usual and let them quietly have their moment of fame of which I didn’t feel like I wanted to be part of.

our average currently stands at 14 300 ish a raise of 3000 on the average we had last time we was in this division with other more big fixtures to come i’m sure we will manage to stay at that level or maybe increase it

5 days ago you said:

I am confident that the average will be around 16000 this season

So which do you think it will be – 14300 or 16000?

1700 represents over 10% less – I hope you are not responsible for producing the financial plan wherever you work![/quote]

Jesus Mutley! if you attended any rugby games then you would not be banding on about attendances, the Widnes game is a good example were there could not of been 7k on. Why not give a little credit for the way the Wigan Warriors team were applauded around the pitch at the Boro match.

By the way you do come across as a bit of an old woman!

The answer is no. The first Warriors home game after the FA Cup Final was 28 Jun, by which time the manager and 7 of your cup final squad had left the club. I guess the remaining players were on their summer holidays by then.

To have the likes of Owen Coil, James Peach and Grant Halt parading the FA Cup round the DW now would look a little silly, seeing as they had no involvement.

However, I think it would be great if both trophies were on display as the teams came out on Friday – if nothing else, it would give the city of Hull something to aspire to!

filmossfilmoss
          Player

The answer is no. The first Warriors home game after the FA Cup Final was 28 Jun, by which time the manager and 7 of your cup final squad had left the club. I guess the remaining players were on their summer holidays by then.

To have the likes of Owen Coil, James Peach and Grant Halt parading the FA Cup round the DW now would look a little silly, seeing as they had no involvement.

However, I think it would be great if both trophies were on display as the teams came out on Friday – if nothing else, it would give the city of Hull something to aspire to![/quote]

So 7 have now departed leaving 11 ( A football team ! ) to parade the cup to the RL fans ! :) Maybe they have been asked already if they want to do it and have politely declined the offer, who knows ? ;)

However, I think it would be great if both trophies were on display as the teams came out on Friday – if nothing else, it would give the city of Hull something to aspire to![/quote]

So 7 have now departed leaving 11 ( A football team ! ) to parade the cup to the RL fans ! :) Maybe they have been asked already if they want to do it and have politely declined the offer, who knows ? ;)[/quote]

Players at Wigan Athletic don’t say no to Whelan. If he had asked them to do it, it owould have been done.

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Non Football Stuff 6274